so who wants a splitting cases diy?

brandoz28

Sep 24, 2009
Iowa
just like the title says, seems like it comes up a lot, would a step by step with pics be helpful?

going to be doing a few things while i'm in there, porting, +4 timing mod (have some other ideas on the timing, that'll be a bit though), shift star mod etc

i'm going to be doing it all without air tools, in my basement with a few tools that i bought to make my life easier, but they're all easy to get and relatively cheap as well.

so you guys think this will benefit others? its gonna take me a lot longer to take pics as i go along....so if there's not a lot of interest i won't waste the time or energy

Go for it, the more the marrier. I go through and read all the DYIs just to get some more knowledge about the Blaster even though I don't even use most of them, I still appreciate the time put into each one. The forum really slows down this late so it'll give me one more thing to read I:I

aight, i'll be pulling it down next weekend if all goes well, hopefully this takes some of the scary out for people

i guess you are having to split your cases. i bet you are glad you moved into a house recently lol.

shee, i've done this on the kitchen table, and on a coffee table in my living room, i'll work on my sh!t wherever i have to lol

i am just saying, i bet it will be much easier in your house. and i seen your threads where you did it on the kitchen table.

yeah.........that's why i was asking because its gonna take a while to do this taking pics every step of the way, and naming parts as i go. should've taken some of putting the pe clutch basket in it too lol

I would like to see. Got to start mine in a few weeks, never done it before, so pics would save me some time and help!!

yeah.........that's why i was asking because its gonna take a while to do this taking pics every step of the way, and naming parts as i go. should've taken some of putting the pe clutch basket in it too lol

I kinds like to see it myself. I know I can do it on my own. I've been working on stuff from the age 14. The only thing conserns me is when I pull the cases apart, I don't want some tranes part go flying out and I'm like where that come from.