R.I.P. Our Good Friend Durby

/\ sweet harley ! I:I
i was thinking of doing the same thing, when the weather warms enuf to paint here, it's a whole 3 degrees today X(

Today is a hard day as i have to go get his Suzuki 250 from the CHP storage/evidence yard. I heard it has small/minimal damage but how am i going to look at it knowing it is how he left us....

stay strong brandy, hopefully you had help and support

Today is a hard day as i have to go get his Suzuki 250 from the CHP storage/evidence yard. I heard it has small/minimal damage but how am i going to look at it knowing it is how he left us....

That is a tough one for sure Brandy.... I bet he would be happy to have it home as he loved that machine. I wonder why my wife calls my bikes my "second wife".lol

Hopefully I can bring a little cheer to the day. I drag race a blaster that is #971. That number is in memory of Mike Dupont Jr. Who was a very close friends to Ken O Connor and the KOR family. Ok,more like a son to Ken. Unfortunately Mike left us at a very early age and was loved by all that knew him. I have been building another drag blaster for a 14 year old kid to be the jockey on at my track. He is a great kid and is super happy to run it. This new dragger will be in memory of Mike. I am going to keep the colors the same as his lt250. Thinking of using #88 (dale jr) as a racing number unless Mike had another favorite number? Also some other details that I will save for the finish :) It has to be done and ready to race in 12 weeks.
I have a racing banquet on Feb 8th at 5pm. You can be sure all my fellow racers and I will have a moment of silence for Mike.

Reactions: armyboyjared
This new dragger will be in memory of Mike. I am going to keep the colors the same as his lt250. Thinking of using #88 (dale jr) as a racing number unless Mike had another favorite number? Also some other details that I will save for the finish :) It has to be done and ready to race in 12 weeks.
I have a racing banquet on Feb 8th at 5pm. You can be sure all my fellow racers and I will have a moment of silence for Mike.

I:I a #88 grey dragger in Durby's honor I:I
can't wait to see it !

does your awesomeness ever end brother ?

After seeing Harley's Helmet....I thought about it and came up with an idea that will Keep Durby Riding, and with us when we ride.

I went to a sticker site and ordered 100 1.5" circle Durby stickers. It wouldn't let me copy the image, but I made one on paint so everyone would get the idea.

Anyone who wants one, PM me your Name and address. When they get here in a week or so, I'll start sending them out. It might take me a few days, but anyone who asks will receive one.

Reactions: bummer981
sweet, i'm down for a couple fred
they'll go right beside my "971 mike dupont jr." decals on my 2 front fenders.

That is a tough one for sure Brandy.... I bet he would be happy to have it home as he loved that machine. I wonder why my wife calls my bikes my "second wife".lol

Hopefully I can bring a little cheer to the day. I drag race a blaster that is #971. That number is in memory of Mike Dupont Jr. Who was a very close friends to Ken O Connor and the KOR family. Ok,more like a son to Ken. Unfortunately Mike left us at a very early age and was loved by all that knew him. I have been building another drag blaster for a 14 year old kid to be the jockey on at my track. He is a great kid and is super happy to run it. This new dragger will be in memory of Mike. I am going to keep the colors the same as his lt250. Thinking of using #88 (dale jr) as a racing number unless Mike had another favorite number? Also some other details that I will save for the finish :) It has to be done and ready to race in 12 weeks.

Thank you. We love Dale Jr so 88 would be awesome and he did have another number 00 was the number he used on his demolition derby cars.. Today was hard. The miscommunication between the CHP/Tow Service and his Family was ridiculous. I ended up having to pay over $700 to get his bike back after they didnt even need it for evidence and could have been towed home on Sunday or picked up by his best friend/brother-in-law. As if money werent tight already I have money hungry people making me pay for something that was not necessary.

where was the "my condolences mrs. owens, hurry up and get that out of here and i'll rip up the slip" ???

some real bullshit those impound places pull, it's all a complete $ scam anytime anything gets impounded, where is their compassion in situations like this ?
oh, thats right, it's in their wallets. and the $/hour workers there, who could give someone a break, act like their paycheck depends on their $ intake.
like letting one slip thru would put them on a ramen noodle diet for the month !

$ greedy, rat bastards are a waste of oxygen

where was the "my condolences mrs. owens, hurry up and get that out of here and i'll rip up the slip" ???

some real bullshit those impound places pull, it's all a complete $ scam anytime anything gets impounded, where is their compassion in situations like this ?
oh, thats right, it's in their wallets. and the $/hour workers there, who could give someone a break, act like their paycheck depends on their $ intake.
like letting one slip thru would put them on a ramen noodle diet for the month !

$ greedy, rat bastards are a waste of oxygen

All so true. My work place has a tow service and storage lot. The extra fee's cost more then the tow fee itself. There's a storage fee, recovery fee in some cases,fuel charge and gate fee. The gate fee is charging you for being allowed to go in the gate to your vehicle . My Company was on the new because of this but all tow company's charge the same way. A

The towing and hook-up was 487.50 and the storage fees were 225. I told them i did not mind paying the tow fees but really come on the damn storage fees weren't necessary :(

ALl I know is had to get his quad come hell or high water. I told my brother in law even if it mean ramming the fence and just taking it

All I know is I had to get his quad come hell or high water. I told my brother in law even if it mean ramming the fence and just taking it

atta-girl, go demolition durby on their fence I:I

The towing and hook-up was 487.50 and the storage fees were 225. I told them i did not mind paying the tow fees but really come on the damn storage fees weren't necessary :(

ALl I know is had to get his quad come hell or high water. I told my brother in law even if it mean ramming the fence and just taking it

Shame you had to deal with that. Some people have no heart.

Bump for our fallen brother Durby, never forgotten !