please help how hot is to hot

donrladd

Sep 30, 2009
hello i am new to this forum and i need some help please i have a 98 blaster 200 with a 3mm storker holeshot crank with a ct racing 240 big bore kit bored to a 325 with a 36mm carb fatty pipe it has a 3mm base plate for the timing decked head the first time i put it toghter they bored it wrong and it locked up this is the 2nd time now i rejeted the carb to a 62 180 and it runs like a raped ape they said it blow couse it got to hot from the bore i had 2000 clearince this time it has 4000 and they say it will be fine how hot should this bike run and how hot is to hot i have a lot of money in this bike and dont want to lose it it runs at 225 temp so i stoped riding it but it gets to that temp in 8 to12 min.i got it as rich as i can and not load up it has 93oct. with 104 oct boost and caster927 oil and 85 wt. oil in the case how hot does this motor run and be safe to ride thank you for any help donrladd@yahoo.com

that temp is fine, ive checked my cylinder with a infared therm. after a long ride and its usually in the high 200's. if anything is glowing it is too hot.

i took it out and ran it today for about a half hour it got to 265 and seemed to stay there i am just to paranoid i guess thanks for the help

thats kinda what i was thinkin i mean my arisol has to run 110 or it will detonate soo idk but ive heard that yur always suposed to run race gas in a 2 stroke cuz it burns cooler but u could loose power uless u got good comperession, and i would rather loose a lil power then melt a piston

yes that is true but my daughters god father builds drag bike motors and works for barneys yamaha it st pete fl.he now is at ride now in new port richey fl. he did all the work the 2nd time he also found the reasion it blow the first time they bored it egg shape out of round and gave me wrong base plate and thats what put my timing out and ran hot anyway he said the 1st gallon to run 93oct with 104oct boost and 5.5oz of caster927 bean oil this way it will get a rich brake in and the bean oil will stick to the cyl.after that gallon run no less then 104oct. no more pump gas no less then 104oct im still on the first gallon bout 3/4 gone and it is bad to the f***ing bone when got it tuned in at the carb no lie 5th gear roll in to the powerband not hiting it hard just roll in to it and when the power band hits my son 14yrs old 125 lbs it came up and on its way over when he backed out i cant wieght to put race gas in it

my son also has a cr250r he says his blaster has no 1st 2nd and 3rd gear he shifts right throw them but when he hits 4th and 5th and 6th he said it pulls beter his honda and his honda is no joke i have some money in that bike as well thats what i ride when we go riding his friend has a 07 crf 250r and adams cr beats it in a drag and he says his blaster pulls harder and is faster then his cr i am a fat ass at 255lbs and have not rode it yet i want it to get a nice easy brake in dont want too much load on it but I WILL RIDE IT my son has been on bikes sence he was 6 a friend has a stock 02 blaster that adam rides and says it like riding a powerwheels next to his it has 215lbs comp and you all know blaster is a low comp motor dont how i will gaer it yet i ride it we took a big jump on the bore cause of the first bore being bad it was a ct 240 bored 20 over then put the 3mm stoke and first bore 250r boieson reeds 36mm carb 4in swing arm and blow it up so i havent rode this bike yet i am taking a lot of self controll not to get on it every time i want to i look at my ck. book and say no LOL cause i know i will ride it like i stole it i am 10ft tall and superman that bike cant hurt me yaaaaaaaa