more torque

klayton

Dec 2, 2009
this is what i am after. i know that it sounds stupid to some but..... i want to make my blaster as low end torque as posible i dont want that high reving power. i have a rm 250 that i use to scare myself and i know it sounds crazy but i want to use the blaster as more of a work type fourwheeler. i love 2 strokes and there is an abundance of parts for the blaster that is why i chose to use it for this project. i need to know how to get this power that i desire oh yeah i also want it to be as quiet as posible

Ehh I think i'd get an MX port job, I guess a low-mid pipe like the FMF Gnarly (there are better ones but their names escape me), and rejet.

Gear it down and get an mx port job as said above.

Without a pipe your not gonna go very far though....

I geuss you could use the stock silencer on a a/m pipe mine had a fmf fatty with a stock silencer when I bought it.

get a +3 stroker crank, then get a port job and tell the builder your looking for torque get a then get a shearer pipe and for quietness get the fmf Q silencer. advance the timing i heard it gives more low end power

Stroke it 3-4mm, increase the compression/re-design the cylinder head within limits for safe use with pump fuel, advance the timing and have a port done with low end gain empasis matced to a low end pipe. An MX port by most builders is more of a midrange foccussed port and probably not what you're looking for. To really get a huge gain in low end performance the builder is going to have to do some epoxy work in the transfers to completely re-aim the charge and possibly some decking to the bottom of the cylinder to lower the exhaust port duration. If spending just a little more money to REALLY gain some low end power isn't a problem I could completely re-design the ports and have a pipe custom made to the engine.