Modified my stock heel guards

blasterfied

Nov 14, 2013
Coal City, Illinois
I made some changes to my stock heel guards. I was going for a cleaner look. What do you all think?

Attachments

• 2013-11-15 16.37.54.jpg
    2013-11-15 16.37.54.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 510
  • 2013-11-15 08.08.34.jpg
    2013-11-15 08.08.34.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 496
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. they dont collect dirt and mud like the stockers, just falls through.

so might your foot ?
i'd have kept the floorboards, protecting your feet is far more important than mud or looks.
just my .02 cents

but i do like the design, maybe add some tubes or mesh/net like nerfs have to keep your foot from going thru ?

so might your foot ?
i'd have kept the floorboards, protecting your feet is far more important than mud or looks.
just my .02 cents

but i do like the design, maybe add some tubes or mesh/net like nerfs have to keep your foot from going thru ?

I see guys running their quads with no heels, it doesnt matter how pro they are, or how pro they think they are, a simple human mistake will cost them.

I take safety into consideration as much as possible. I planned on adding some heavy gauge wire mesh, and i will as soon as i find where i put it.

I ride for pleasure, i do not need to find out how close i can come to death. But there is always that chance that something can happen, so ill take your two cents.

Thanks

Thats the best two cents you will spend. Awk got to have a helicopter ride for the lack of heel gaurds.

Nice job on the fabbing, they look good and your welding is great.