Making your own "Right Bend" pipe...

joeak47

Apr 21, 2012
Northern NEVADA!
I've made a few pipes for some older 80cc engines (yz's) using the sand bag an hammer method of forming,and they seemed to work well. Turned out decent. I was just basically copying the stock pipe. I was wondering if anybody has some specs from they're right bend pipes they could share.

I've made a few pipes for some older 80cc engines (yz's) using the sand bag an hammer method of forming,and they seemed to work well. Turned out decent. I was just basically copying the stock pipe. I was wondering if anybody has some specs from they're right bend pipes they could share.

Your a mad man!!!! I hope you actually do this

i can get you measurements of all 14+ individual cones on my trinity right bend next time i'm down the shop.

1706-f7-pipe-works-shocks.jpg

Last edited:
YES!
I'll need the length of each cone (weld to weld),and the diameter of each cone at both the large end and small end. And while I'm putting my order in , could you start at the head pipe and work your way back? Like cone #1 blah blah blah, cone #2 blah blah blah,etc.

I also need to know the length of the stinger and its outside diameter,and the length of the head pipe.

Sorry to be anal,but its important. I'm sure there are some other things I missed,but I'll think of them.

YES!
I'll need the length of each cone (weld to weld),and the diameter of each cone at both the large end and small end. And while I'm putting my order in , could you start at the head pipe and work your way back? Like cone #1 blah blah blah, cone #2 blah blah blah,etc.

I also need to know the length of the stinger and its outside diameter,and the length of the head pipe.

Sorry to be anal,but its important. I'm sure there are some other things I missed,but I'll think of them.

Sounds Cool Joe , For Sure have to check back in on this one ! .

YES!

ask and ye shall recieve, it's not anal, but the exact details needed to make this succesful !
i may be your 1st customer after the test run...i love that pipe, it has proven to me, for my riding, to be the best of the right bends !!!

God this dude is rediculous . I know another guy that's going to be coming out here soon .

That might deserve some green right ther Awk !! I was wondering how acurate someones measuring would be on a stamped pipe that is probably still a comprimise.

So you just cut out your cone and form it on sand bag instead of roll forming?

ask and ye shall recieve, it's not anal, but the exact details needed to make this succesful !
i may be your 1st customer after the test run...i love that pipe, it has proven to me, for my riding, to be the best of the right bends !!!

I've been wanting to try a "right bender",but have found it cost prohibitive...even for a used one. I figure that I could make one for a whole lot less. Lots of work though. I'll see what I can do. I'm sure I'll throw in some changes too...after starting with a base line.

any updates on this??

i have an update.............. it's in the 20's here and my garage is unheated until i get my propane tank filled.
calling for a few days in the 40's next week,
i'll get my busted kicker spring fixed and the measurements joe needs then

If the pipe is successful I would buy one! my only question is how are you going to do a flange? and what about a silencer?

this is just a idea but what if he made the flange on the pipe kinda like the stock one is so people that wanna buy it and are running a stock pipe yhey dont have to buy a flang just a thought