If you use vitos performance products please read! Important!

BlackDak89

Jun 24, 2010
Hey guys. I recently tried to use my old account but for some reason it is no longer authorized or something? Anyway I am sick of us Blaster owners buying parts from companies we think are reputable when they really just like our money and sell us junk!

I have seen MANY forum posts from guys who have bout Vito Performance products and have had numerous problems with them myself. There was a thread about Vito's head bolt set which weren't even long enough! I purchased Vito's jet kit, fat bastard pipe, ALL gaskets, 240 big bore kit all from Vito's with oil block off. I rebuilt the entire engine from the transmission up. Every bolt on the vehicle was torqued and anything that had to do with the cylinder was torqued to VITOS specifications. Never did it say in the instructions to retorque, to continuously check for air leaks, ect. I spent many hours rebuilding this bike and tuning it WITH professionals. I rejetted, tested, and tuned. I have a Mikuni 38mm carb on their so running lean shouldn't be possible especially because I jetted somewhat high knowing OBVIOUSLY that it is better to run rich than lean.
My cylinder and piston overheated. The rings got eaten right off of the piston and actually fused with the piston. I needed a bore and a new piston. I have spent about $1200 with Vito's on this rebuild, NOT INCLUDING the other rebuilds I have done with their parts.

I called Vito's. At first they seemed very respectable and willing to help with my situation. After about a week or two when I finally found time to take the cylinder off and send it in to them, I called again. They said sounds great have it shipped to us and we will call you when we get it.

They didn't call... I had to. Then one of the guys there told me that I am not smart basically. He treated me like an autistic 3rd grader. He said there was cornering on the piston and that this was all my fault that it over heated and that it could have been caused by either my jetting or an air leak caused by me. I said I dont care what the f**ck caused it, it was the SECOND TIME I EVER GOT TO RIDE MY QUAD!!! Less than 2 hours total on this vehicle and the rings get fusion welded to the piston from heat? It was properly jetted by professionals. They wanted $60 for a fresh hone and $120 for a new piston and rings. I just spent $570 on their big bore kit which is more than I bought the bike for to begin with. In fact I got the thing for about $250 running from a friend of mine. Do those assholes ecxpect me to send them ANOTHER $180 just to fix poor craftsmanship? They should have warned me about heating problems and recommended I buy those cooling fins if they had any INKLING their might be a heat problem with their products. Why would you sell $100 special cooling fins if you know your product isn't sh*t.

If you are a small company, wouldn't you want to keep your customers? ESPECIALLY the ones sending you 1000s of dollars every few months? I told the guy if he could honestly stand there and tell me that this is my fault and that "you guys wont help me at all then you are an idiot". He immediately hung up. Ok thats fine I may have been a little rude I was upset. I called back and someone above him answered. Immediately before I could even explain the situation basically told me to f**ck myself and that he would back up his workers rather than attempting to figure out what the problem was with the actual customer. I spent almost 20 minutes letting this jack ass tell me I dont know jack sh*t and that he has been working on Blasters for 12 years. THEN HOW DO YOU SELL sh*t PRODUCTS WITHOUT A WARRANTY??? If I only got 2 uses out of my products wouldn't you say, "Hmmmmm... this guy really got screwed here. Hey calm down buddy, I will do what I can to help you."
At the end of the conversation he took back the $180 I would have to spend to fix it and said well we need to talk to Lance and when he sees it we can tell you how much we will charge you. BUUULLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT. 4 people work there... give me a break. They are ALL full of sh*t. Dont let them disrespect you and tell you that you dont know sh*t. For someone with 12 years of experience they know as much as autistic 3rd graders.

HEED THIS ADVICE! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM VITO! NOT A REPUTABLE OR RESPECTABLE COMPANY! I was told these are "Racing Products" and imply no warranty because they are made only to race. BULLSHIT. IT SAYS ON THEIR SITE AND I WILL QUOTE "ITO DESIGNED THIS CYLINDER FOR THE BOLT ON DO IT YOURSELF ENGINE BUILDER. IT IS SET UP TO RUN PUMP FUEL FOR GENERAL USE. THIS CYLINDER IS NOT HAND PORTED FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO NEED MORE POWER". It is just a normal bolt on power adder and nothing more as they describe it, not some professionally ported racing cylinder. I am convinced they may know plenty about tuning and engine building, but clearly not enough to run a company and actually produce quality products.

IF YOU BUY A PRODUCT AND A MANUFACTURER DOES NOT OFFER ANY WARRANTY THAT MEANS THEY KNOW THEIR PRODUCTS ARE sh*t AND WILL BREAK ON YOU! MONEY MONEY MONEY!

VITO"S PERFORMANCE = HOT STEAMY sh*t

SAVE YOURSELF HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS AND HAVE YOUR STOCK CYLINDERS SENT OUT TO BE BORED HONED AND HAND PORTED! MUCH MORE RELIABLE!!! MAYBE EVEN CHEAPER.

I would love to hear others input on Vito's products. I know some people have "never had a problem" but for those of you who have and been screwed out of your money as well please let the community to know. Blaster owners are a small percentage of bike part consumers. Why take advantage of us?

Sorry guys I will take out my carb tomorrow and check the jet numbers on their for everyone. I have a strong feeling this is not my fault and just poor craftmanship of cheap sh*tty cast aluminum products. Probably costs about $30 to make each cylinder. JUNK.

checking for air leaks and checking proper jetting are pretty common 2 stroke maintenance, just something to throw in there. did you do a proper break in on the top end? how do you KNOW it was jetted rich?

that being said it sucks that they were harsh with you on the phone and weren't willing to help

Ya i hate ingorant customer service. It's a shame they can be like that. I have had only one problem and that was the head bolts that were too short. Other than that no problem with anything else so far. I will say however that i read the service manual, during while a professional rebuilt my motor as i felt i wasn't ready to take on the task. When they refer to do-it-yourself engine kit I'm sure they mean someone who knows what to do, and not your everyday person. I may have gotten that kit but i would of had a promechanic install it, there are too many tolerances that i wasn't comfortable being able to check. Im will someday maybe after a couple more professional rebuilds try to do a top end myself. There's always more to do to these 2-strokes as i have found out. I hope you get can get them to help you out eventually.-Bob

chill out there partner. how do you know that you had no air leaks or you were running rich? many people here love vito's products. and besides, if you knew that their parts were junk in the first place why did you buy from them again?

bad customer service does suck

thanks for the heads up

I didn't read all of that, but you should know yo retorque everything after riding it after break in. I had a vitos 404 kit installed in my old Banshee like 5 years ago and the thing still runs good. And it easily has over 100 hours on it.

As much as the situation sucks... it was your fault man. Don't try to push it off on vito's for your negligence. As far as replacement, I do not see where they are under any obligation to bend over backwards for you for what you did. At least they did offer to get you back on your feet for $180.

As much as the situation sucks... it was your fault man. Don't try to push it off on vito's for your negligence. As far as replacement, I do not see where they are under any obligation to bend over backwards for you for what you did. At least they did offer to get you back on your feet for $180.

i gotta agree dude, it absolutly suck major balls but in the end how was frying a piston thier fault? if your build was done by so called pros then all of the problems that caused the meltdown shouldnt have happened. i would be willing to bet that if say teh cylinder had a crack in it they would have taken responsibility. but you blew up a 2 stroke.. it happens every day. just take it as a learning experience and dont do it again I:I

Nice rant. You probably fu_cked the engine up by not assembling it right. You also probably didnt break it in ran the stock jets in the carb.

Admit it man you screwed it up. You probably didnt oil sh*t and just threw it together too. I bet you spilled some mash potatoes and gravy innit while assembling the engine on your kitchen table and sh*t.

Trying to boycott that fat bastard vito and his products. lewl

just my 2 cents here but if you had a professional do the work then that professional should be the one to replace parts because they installed it. vitos simply supplied the parts.
but when people are pole smokers over the phone it does suck. talk to your mechanic and tell him whats up offer to have him split the rebuild cost with you or something.

Reactions: Robert Kuipers
He treated me like an autistic 3rd grader.
For someone with 12 years of experience they know as much as autistic 3rd graders.
sorry bout yur problem but please dont bring autistic ppl in to this if u knew an autistic person they are very intellegent, my brother just graduated from preschool btw hes autistic, and he technacly is as smart as a 4th grader and hes going into kinder garden, the board asked my mom if she wanted him to go into second grade thats skipping 2 grades and he is 5 so dont saqy autistic people aint smart. thay are

He treated me like an autistic 3rd grader.
For someone with 12 years of experience they know as much as autistic 3rd graders.
sorry bout yur problem but please dont bring autistic ppl in to this if u knew an autistic person they are very intellegent, my brother just graduated from preschool btw hes autistic, and he technacly is as smart as a 4th grader and hes going into kinder garden, the board asked my mom if she wanted him to go into second grade thats skipping 2 grades and he is 5 so dont saqy autistic people aint smart. thay are

i know. why are you against autistic people? theres nothing wrong with them. they're probably smarter than you blackdak or what ever your name is

I have a Mikuni 38mm carb on their so running lean shouldn't be possible especially because I jetted somewhat high knowing OBVIOUSLY that it is better to run rich than lean

OBVIOUSLY running a 38mm carb will solve all your jetting problems,even tho your last sentence states "Sorry guys I will take out my carb tomorrow and check the jet numbers on their for everyone." you have no idea what jets are in the bike, thats a good start.

Building an motor is only as good as the person buildin it, with that said any person worth there weight in gold building your motor should of checked all the tolerances and did a leak down test to verify the workings of the parts and workmanship done to it. even after I rebuilt my motor I did several spark plug checks as I broke in the motor to verify NO LEAN condition was present. And never take someones word that every thing is hunky dory with what they did to your machine, verify it with your own understandings of how things should be or ask if unsure. This probably would of saved you your headache.

yeah i gotta say the error was probly on you and your so called pros(which they may be) but they do to fvck up from time to time. i honestly wouldnt have even thought of sending it back to them(vitos) but to some other builder. and you just gotta charge this to the game buddy. it sucks i know but hey sh*t happens. but i can say that vito's reeds do suck ass. but my pipe,crank and degree key are great.

You're correct when you say that Vito's is in business to make money.....We all are. Personally, I've had very few problems with them and the ones I had were resolved. Vito's does a good job building products that the average Joe can bolt on and go. Tough job when you consider that some of the customers don't have the training to install the parts correctly. I give them credit and suspect that 99% of their customers are happy. Personally, I'll bend over backwards and give you my first born child to keep you happy but they're not in a position to do that. Sounds like you have a very lean situation and they know it. If I was put in this situation, I would make you pay for parts and shipping and do the labor for free. I wouldn't be happy about it but hopefully you would. Bad feedback is detrimental to a small business. Great customer service is the best foundation a business can build.

Sorry about your situation.

well, i hate to jump into this and kick a man when he's down,
i had some serious issues with my build, but my builder backed me up 100% (cough cough, ken oconnor), but service like that is hard to come by,
anyway, what ever gave you the idea to use that large of a carb??? larger carbs do not necessarily mean rich, as a matter of fact too big of carb will always run lean, no matter how big of jet you put in it
because of the air velocity you loose by using a carb bore that your cylinder cannot suck the air thru fast enuf to pick up enuf fuel, imo, velocity is way more important than volume,
so i'm gonna say that huge carb caused all of this, and if you do fix it, get yourself a 35mm airstryker, closely prejetted for your bike, from carbparts warehouse or snyders motorsports, both offer to closely prejet.
and do plug chops along the way and a leakdown test before even firing it up to check for airleaks
jusy my opinion
ok, now that i'm done kickin you in the balls, <sorry bro,
but the only dealings i've had with vito's is the idle screw that came in the tors kit i bought from them, and the thing came loose and fell out first ride..... a locknut on the screw = poor design in my eyes, and have also heard the vito's bbk's do have heat issues????
but very nice rant anyway, "hot steamy sh*t" had me rollin on the floor !!!!!!

double what??? who me???? hahahaaaaa

Wow, bummer. I do all my own work for 2 reasons, ONE. I'm so damn picky about the way I do things, (THE RIGHT WAY) that I wont let anyone touch my bike. Recently for sh*ts & grins I asked two different so called "Professionals" about putting a topend together for me. The first guy said leakdown testing was a waste of time & that I spend too much time on the internet... wrong answer! The second guy I almost punched. TWO. If something bad happens because of something I did then I have only myself myself to blame. Don't get me wrong, I know when something is out of my league, so anything I don't do myself I've learned to research the issue at hand & ask questions until I know exactly how/when/why/where/what/who/$$$/guarantee?/IN WRITING/ect..ect...(and its kinda fun to be a pain in the ass) By doing this I usually avoid surprises/misunderstandings. Hope this helps ya in the future