If you use vitos performance products please read! Important!

ding ding ding awk's a winner.

bigger carb doesn't always mean more fuel, the air velocity will be slower going through the carb and won't draw up as much fuel

it sucks to hear that but ur not gana get any pitty realy if u didnt do a leak down test how do u kno there wasnta air leak if u didnt do a plug chop and dont kno what size jets ur runing how do u kno it wasnt lean thats the way i look at it if u did something wrong dont blame other ppl

Thanks for the feedback guys its nice to see what SOME people think. I am not looking for pitty for all of you ignorant people who assume that. Im looking to inform other blaster riders ad enthusiasts such as myself. I built the bike myself with a few professionals. I didn't pay to have them do it so I can't exactly tell them to do it again. I have a degree from a college in motor sports, also so I am not completely uneducated although I would not say I am a professional tuner. I also have a 2 year degree in auto mechanics, so a small two stroke like this should not be difficult. Same principals, different operation.

I forgot to mention I DID retorque. I did not have a pump or gauge for a leak down so that is the only thing I can think of. Sorry for not updating I have been busy recently and will pull the jets out today or tomorrow and get the numbers for you guys that might be curious.

ON THE JETS - It is Vito's jet kit, first of all. I spent a few hours changing jets and tuning when I first built the bike. I don't have my build sheet with all the numbers on it. I did not just THROW jets at this thing.

OILING - I did oil block off as required with Vito's big bore. 4oz of oil for every gallon of gas. I forget the actual ratio I believe its 38:1?

I hear project blaster makes the best quality big bore kit. I have a feeling Vito's uses cheaply made pistons?

And sorry to anyone I have offended that may have some type of deep personal connection with Vito or his products.

Up until about a month ago all of the forged big bore Vito's pistons were made by wiseco... unless you think wiseco makes cheap pistons.

Now apparently wiseco is getting out of the 72mm blaster pistons and I'm not sure who Vito's got to pick up that contract.

Ya I think vitos pistions are crap at least their superstock and whatever else they have with the beviled edge. You k ow the pistions that change your port timing they are crap. U have seen happen to me where the edge of the pistion chips and cracks from not enough material there. He'll IMO all of vito's stuff is crap I wouldn't run it. It is made for the kids to look though dirt wheeles and see a full page ad promising +4hp by using this prod and +7hp by using this prod. It's all just a gimmic to get you in and spend money. What's that saying a sucker born every minute, well you just found out who vitos clientel is. But then again that's just IMO

Ya I think vitos pistions are crap at least their superstock and whatever else they have with the beviled edge. You k ow the pistions that change your port timing they are crap. U have seen happen to me where the edge of the pistion chips and cracks from not enough material there. He'll IMO all of vito's stuff is crap I wouldn't run it. It is made for the kids to look though dirt wheeles and see a full page ad promising +4hp by using this prod and +7hp by using this prod. It's all just a gimmic to get you in and spend money. What's that saying a sucker born every minute, well you just found out who vitos clientel is. But then again that's just IMO

Very good point.

Didn't know you were over here. Welcome skip!

And sorry to anyone I have offended that may have some type of deep personal connection with Vito or his products.

Dude i think all your posts regarding Vitos are bullshit, disrespectful and are slander. Look at your sig and the stuff your saying im sure its offensive to any employee or anyone associated with vitos. Vitos is a large reputable company. You need to realize that your actions are slanderous and technically Vitos could have your ass in court and the forum for allowing you to continue to slander their good name.

Dude i think all your posts regarding Vitos are bullshit, disrespectful and are slander. Look at your sig and the stuff your saying im sure its offensive to any employee or anyone associated with vitos. Vitos is a large reputable company. You need to realize that your actions are slanderous and technically Vitos could have your ass in court and the
forum for allowing you to continue to slander their good name.

Really bro sounds a bit over dramtic if you ask me. Rember the 1st admenment fredom of speach. As long as he didn't lie about his experiance it's not slander.

Rea

Sounds to me like someone didn't go through the proper proceduces and just threw the motor together and now there mad that it blew up

Really bro sounds a bit over dramtic if you ask me. Rember the 1st admenment fredom of speach. As long as he didn't lie about his experiance it's not slander.

Rea

Free Speech correct. But check the laws on what "slander" is. I have taken business law for years. He can describe what happened to him, but not tell everyone it will happen to them also if they buy his products. Secondly he degraded not one but all of vitos products. If you stand in front of my business or go on a public forum and tell everyone not to buy my products cause they will cause cancer or some other lie, well i would lose money over your negligent behavior and in turn be punished monetarily over your actions. The dude is obviously from another company or just a miserable prick, new to the forum and his first point of interest is to smash vitos. Same goes if someone was bashing Oconner, Flotek, or Kennedy or anyone elses business.

Well I guess I'm on the hook for slander too.

You probably had an air leak..or maybe them so called "professionals" did not jet it correctly? sh*t happens, and you can't go blaming anyone but yourself. Yeah maybe vitos kits do over heat but it damn sure is not going to over heat in 2 hours or f**ck up your engine that quickly. It was your fault, and I'm not trying to be a prick, but just take it as practice and don't make the same mistake next time. Maybe you didn't break it in correctly?

Thanks for the feedback guys its nice to see what SOME people think. I am not looking for pitty for all of you ignorant people who assume that. Im looking to inform other blaster riders ad enthusiasts such as myself. I built the bike myself with a few professionals. I didn't pay to have them do it so I can't exactly tell them to do it again. I have a degree from a college in motor sports, also so I am not completely uneducated although I would not say I am a professional tuner. I also have a 2 year degree in auto mechanics, so a small two stroke like this should not be difficult. Same principals, different operation.

I forgot to mention I DID retorque. I did not have a pump or gauge for a leak down so that is the only thing I can think of. Sorry for not updating I have been busy recently and will pull the jets out today or tomorrow and get the numbers for you guys that might be curious.

ON THE JETS - It is Vito's jet kit, first of all. I spent a few hours changing jets and tuning when I first built the bike. I don't have my build sheet with all the numbers on it. I did not just THROW jets at this thing.

OILING - I did oil block off as required with Vito's big bore. 4oz of oil for every gallon of gas. I forget the actual ratio I believe its 38:1?

I hear project blaster makes the best quality big bore kit. I have a feeling Vito's uses cheaply made pistons?

that jet kit is for a stock 26mm mukini carb. yes the main jets would work but the pilot and needle would not. i also suspect an air leak was the killer, craming a 38mm carb into a 35 intake,head gasket, crank seal, reed gasket are all places that could be leaking.

Now, now. Cant we just all get along? So he had a bad experience with vitos, ok? As long as whoever else is running his products and they are happy with them, you just cant back talk sh*t about him like that. I never ran his products so I cant personally say anything, but many people I know run his products and have had great success. Just because this bike was assembled by "pros" doesnt necessary mean anything. Theres always room for error, but theres always room for improvement. Did you ever think that something could have triggered your motor malfunction? If there was a bunch of people and they all had problem i could see people talking sh*t, but your just one out of how many?

I can see where the frustration come into play on this one. I happened to us. I once had a piston kit from Wiseco that had thicker clips in the package. The discovery was found after the motor ran for about 7 seconds and the clip fell out and ruined a new cylinder. Wiseco admitted that the clips were too large and offered me a new piston, nothing towards the labor and other parts. This is there warranty, sad but true. We were the ones out the money and time.

When it comes to matters such as these, there is always the chance that something will go wrong and it usually is the fault of the installer or owner. I will have to say that I would have done the same as Vito's on this one, especially after getting the treatment as described.

(I also have a 2 year degree in auto mechanics, so a small two stroke like this should not be difficult. Same principals, different operation.)Let me tell you this.I have worked on cars starting at age 13.I have done it as side work.I have worked in repair shops.I know alot about auto engines.I came on here and started reading and learned alot about 2 strokes I did not know.2 stokes and 4 strokes are day and night.

Well if I may put my 2 cents in here lol! IMO I think we have all had bad luck with a product and/or company that was reputable at one time or another. And sometimes its way to easy just to pass the buck as someone elses fault. No one likes to admit "hey I just f**cked up my engine. But the bottom line is sh*t happens. I have to agree with others just take it as a lesson learned and roll on. I hate ya motor is screwed but trust me I been there and it was my fault, I tried everything I could to make it not be but it was. But seriously man be careful slandering a business like that. And maybe next time try a little patience it will get u a lot further in life.