Completly confused on which way to go!!

88blasterman

Apr 20, 2011
Ok so my 04 blaster is starting to get slow for me. so its time to do some mods, just have no clue on which rout to go. theres the Vitos bbk for $525 and realisticly, i dont think is to bad considering it has the piston and all that stuff! my other option is to do some port work. Whice way would you go with it?

That BBK with out added porting is not going to give you a real big improvement. Your best bet without spending huge dollars is to get your stock jug ported,head mod,better pipe.

if you don't have the loot to have that vito's BBK ported, and the mods to support it, save your money
and remember...you only get 3 bores outta the BBK's
and also the piston shortage a few years back

go with the ported stock cylinder !!!!!

yea yea head mod is a must aswell ad good pipe and even just mild porting will sapprise ya. with just the mods on my 88 blasty i never think for really wanting more.

i may go with your exact set up. 28cc milled head and some porting and a set of boyesen reeds! what did that cost you?

ok thats alot of people are telling me! and by saying head mod, is that getting the head shaved?

The head is milled down some for more compression but the combustion is reshaped to improve the combustion process by better controlling the flame front. The stock design head is not a real good design.

where would one get there headwork done? obvuosly not going to trust any machine shop here local they are hacks lol

Redesigned one on on the right.
91bf138f.jpg

my set-up deffinitly may not be the best. it is just one that we had tested when building this motor it works a hell lot better then stock but many on here say less cc's in the head the better. we actually have two heads at the machine shop now that are gonna have different designs.

theres a couple threads on here on head mods, squish, porting.

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-mods-swaps-129/best-big-bore-sleeve-ebay-47949/index3.html

^^ this link is to a thread that has 2 comparrason videos of my bikes both with different porting styles and heads. you can really notice the different tones.

the more experienced guys on here have mastered these engines and probobly know what setups are best over others but the possibility in engine modding are endless.