cole454's Rebuild

Well with a 35mm carb on it and manifold to match, that big bullet shaped "blob" running horizontally down the middle of the VF3 reeds may actually be more obstruction than the carb throat...

Onto a matter that needs much less discussion,your a-arms are finished! We are officially waiting on the Ricky Stator ball joints before the set can be mailed. Unfortunately, I was bored while the powder was curing so I started wrapping the stuff that was already finished with paper which means I did not get a complete and final "all together" picture for the books. You will have to take a picture of the kit as a whole when everything arrives and you check it all over. Each thing is wrapped in layers of brown paper right now waiting on USPS.

Also, I know we discussed installed upper ball joints versus non-installed upper ball joints. I wrapped the upper ball joints in bubble wrap with their c-clips. Some years down the road you may have to replace the ball joints on these and if I had installed them, you wouldn't have had the pain....er.... I mean joy of figuring out how the upper c-clips go on. There is a trick to them I'm sure but I haven't figured it out yet! LMAO! I end up cursing every one I put in... but I've yet to not be able to get the c-clip on it's just a chore.

I'm thinking maybe something like this? (awesome laptop touchpad paint skills here)

2jbtai1.jpg

Ok, did some quick dremel work.

t8671w.jpg

Last edited:
Be careful with that dremel. I'm not sure how much of that frame area is needed to clamp the petals down. You don't want to be increasing flow by blowing holes through that plastic frame.... easy to take away tough to add back!

i think it looks great. i wanna see it with the arms on and a roller. bet its clean and mean.

Awesome idea I stole from freak. Was going to make a aluminium piece to hold the vent lines from my carb, then I saw this aluminium bracket from who knows what and the vent lines fit perfectly. Bolted it up and worked out great. There's even room for the clutch vent line.

2zrgosy.jpg

Thats good i wanted to make one like freeks also but not so big i may make one like that if you dont mind?

Those are just some stock ones. Once those wear out (it doesn't take long) I am getting some bearing rollers. Link vvvvvv

CHAIN ROLLER YFZ450 RAPTOR 700 YFM700 YTZ 250 R34mm | eBay

With those you drill out the threading from the stock bracket and run a bolt and nut through the roller and bracket. Those last a long time. They have some without dust covers and the ones with covers come in different colors. They don't cost much more than the crappy stock ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I guess I'll give a small update as to the current status of my build.

Basically waiting for parts. My head should be on its way back from Ken for some adjustments. Si shipped my a arms today. I ordered a banshee petcock, Maier Race hood, a cable adjuster and needle for my a/s, an Alba billet gas cap, and a led tail light. \
Items should start arriving Wednesday. I hope to be able to ride it this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Picked up a bunch of packages from the post office.
Should be:
A Arms
Banshee petcock
Billet gas cap
25' of motion pro fuel line ($16 ebay)
Carb parts and needle
LED taillight

Gotta wait till tonight to open and take pics though

Gotta wait till tonight to open and take pics though

That makes me quite sad face, I stayed up all night awaiting the pics of those a-arms. Anyways best luck man hope they are all you hoped for, I checked out the beta's that guy built, looked pretty nasty (good nasty, to clarify) He said he shipped yesterday, i do believe. That was quick if so!

That makes me quite sad face, I stayed up all night awaiting the pics of those a-arms. Anyways best luck man hope they are all you hoped for, I checked out the beta's that guy built, looked pretty nasty (good nasty, to clarify) He said he shipped yesterday, i do believe. That was quick if so!

He shipped them Monday. Still really good time. USPS is stepping it up. They are faster than Fedex now.