cheap shocks

^^^see how the end part is long on those, you dont want those ones. you want ones like this.
2qlfig8.jpg

see the difference?

Okay so i hear alot about the yfz shocks for the front and i see that everyone says you need +3 +1 a-arms. I have burgards on mine which are +2 +1, i believe. so i was curious what clearance issues i'd have? and if maybe there would be a better option for me?

the reason people dont use the yfz shocks is because there too long. your a arms are meant for standard length shocks, so the yfz's will be to long. however you a arms droop alot more because there is no stopper so they would probly work without any problems. but you can find some used works for the same price as yfz shocks so...

and welcome to the forum.

oh okay thanks alot. i'll keep an eye out for either of those, I actually wouldnt mind getting a little bit more hieght out of the front of mine.

has anyone tried to use the link assembly from an ltz400 shock and shock on a blaster with sucess??? im planning on running ltz400 shocks with rezzies all the way around and welding a mounting bracket for the link in the frame. i want tp put an adjustable link on it so i can set ride heights. it is all set up for mx and tt but has a stock rear shock that uses a lowering kit. the front works shocks are beat and need rebuilt so instead of putting a bunch of money in them i was going to purches some ltz 400 shocks form ebay for all the way around it!!!

they are off a banshee and one is leaking alittle oil and they need bushings replaced. it will be a couple weeks before i get the other shocks. i will let you know if i decide to part with them sheeblast!!!!

i have a 96 blaster, the front suspension is worcs, but the back is stock, im about 6 ft 180lbs and wanna raise the blaster up another inch and upgrade the rear suspension but i dont wanna spend over 150. any ideas guys?

I was just on another forum where everybody using honda shocks. Here is the r6 shock I've been using .... only $40 on ebay any day all day http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff473/mac2mac2/07132010078.jpg http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff473/mac2mac2/09192010164.jpg .......here is the other forum http://www.blasterforum.com/suspension-14/trx-450-shock-my-blaster-pics-36089/index7.html can someone help me with posting pics do I have to donate money or something ...how do I get off being a newbie. I'm trying to post more stuff.

Last edited:
noooooooooooooo, your still a newbie, you posted the URL's
you need to post the IMG code

noooooooooooooo, your still a newbie, you posted the URL's
you need to post the IMG code

No I'm not it says Im a regular...As long as it don't say newbie I don't care what a IMG code so stop messing with me....lol ... I want to know why I don't see my profile picture .

ok whats the easiest rear shock to install on a blaster, i have works in the front. i wanna upgrade the rear but i want it to WORK and not be extremely complicated. one that will work with the blaster bushings. or have bushings that will work... and under 150.