cheap shocks

Jul 5, 2007
england
ok well lots of people keep asking about cheap shocks for their blaster because the stock ones aren't very good so here is a list of all the shocks that will fit a blaster and how good are they =))

Front shocks

yamaha banshee shocks, they are a direct bolt on and you don't need new a arms they are better that blaster shocks but not great however saying this lots of people say they can feel the difference and is an improvement.

yfz 450 shocks ok they are great and i know people who beet riders with peps and elkas with them. however you do need either the diamond J widening kit with shock conversion or at least +3+1 a arms to get them on but they are still worth it.

Honda 400ex they are good shocks and again like the yfz 450 shocks you need either the diamond J widening kit with shock conversion or at least +3+1 a arms to get them on.

there are probably more but these are the most common ones

Rear shocks

Honda 400ex, suzuki ltz 400 and Kawasaki 400 shocks right these are basically the same shock and all work really well they will raise your back a bit but not to much. your have to mount them by bending the air box so you can fit the resi in, you have to drill out the bottom mount to the blaster bolt dimensions and make a custom brushing for the top as their bolt is a bit smaller than the blaster's and it is near impossible to drill out the top mount for the blaster pin to fit. However this is a brilliant shock for a blaster and is well worth the hassle. how to: 400ex rear shock - Project Blaster Forums

Honda 250r shock again this is a amazing shock probably better than the 400 shocks you can go for the atc 250r shock or the trx 250r shock however early models shocks are a bit longer than the newer ones and will raise the back more i think it is pree 1986 that are longer you need to cut the 250r top shock sleeve to fit snugly between the bolt holes on the blaster. you can use your stock top bolt and your stock bottom pin cut the steel spacer to fit snugly between the bottom shock mount holes. http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself/1635-86-250r-rear-shock-easy-fit.html

Honda 450r shock ok this is a good shock but more for the track you have to mount it like the 400ex shock however you have to cut off one of the rear plastic bracket for it to fit it isn't as good as the 400 shocks and a bit harder to mount.

again there are more however these are the most popular if you want any more info on different shocks just ask and if you have anything to add feel free to post it up on here

Hope this helps a few people I:I:-D

i have a 400ex rear, and i had my best friend take all the specs. he brought them into his work and he went to the machine shop and had a guy machine all my spacers from scratch...looks pretty professional..i may get pics sometime for ppl to see...i didnt have to use anything from a hardware store. lol.

ok i was messing around the other day and discovered that the shocks from a 95 arcticat zrt fit on the front but are a tad heavy (see what beer does for ya)=))

So would upgrading to the banshee shocks be a recommendation? I dont wanna blow $$$ just to say I have banshee shocks on the front and they aren't much better.

All opinions appreciated!!

people say they can feel the difference, but you have to remember there not like 250 yfz shocks, but they are better than the stock shocks

Okay Im wanting a 250r rear shock. Alot of the ones I've been seeing on ebay says the trx ones are 86-87 but the Atc ones are 85-86. Im guessing the Atc ones are longer until 87 maybe??

well a few people have been asking about a banshee rear shock so hear it is. :)

Banshee rear shock
Ok a banshee rear shock isn't a good upgrade in my opinion, it is shorter than a blaster's therefore it will lower the rear by about 2- 3 inches. Also because it is shorter it doesn't let the swing arm use all its travel. I really don't think that it will that much better than a blaster's as its too short. I'm not sure if its a direct bolt on as so little people try it as its so short. :(