cheap shocks

1) So if i buy 400ex front shocks there will be no mods required? do they need to be the older kind? Can i do the same with yfz front shocks?
2) What mods so the 250r rear shocks need? what year shock would fit the SMS +3 swinger?

another cheap shock that some one should try on thier blaster is a Raptor 700 rear shock fits a Q-Racer 250R and it is the same length as a blasters only .13 difference in height not much at all

I have the Diamond J +6" widening A-Arm/Shock kit for the front of my blaster. With retrofitting YFZ450 fronts, will this increase my ride height or go right in as the stockers do, with the wide kit?

Tossing around the idea of the 450 fronts but do NOT want any major height increase...

Last edited:
I wanna know exactly what my options are for pretty much bolt in without the height increase. I'm not real tall but would just rather the bike not be any easier to turn over. Been reading that the banshee's are crap. So the 250r rear shocks are what I am thinking about, what are the height increases. I also like the idea of the raptor 700 shocks, anyone tried it? What are good fronts, you all have different opinions there, not looking to mod the front end so that should get rid of a few options.

the atc/trx 250r shocks work only if its an 86 or newer. pre 86 are 3 inches longer. it should only make it raise about 1-2 inches. thats what ive heard. i just ordered one of ebay and when i get it in the mail ill will put up my results.

so when u say u need the diamond j widening kit for the front shocks r u talking about the a arms and shock relocaters or just the shock relocaters to bring the shocks out farther to use longer shocks

For running 450's on a blasty you need either the FULL DJ widening kit with the top shock conversion bracket, must be ran together, or of course a +3+1 set of aftermarket a-arms...

i have found out that shocks from one of the models of ski doo mach Z fit. they are soft but have lots of travel and dont bottom out very easy. i think there better then stock banshee shocks becuase when i got my shee someone had upgraded the stock banshee shock to these. and for anyone that will buy ski doo mach z shocks. make sure they are the ones that are 14.5"-14.75" cuz there are 2 different models of shocks i think. so just make sure that there the proper length. i do not wanna be responsible for anyone buying parts that wont work.

Reactions: blasterbrian