cheap shocks

Okay after reading this i am kind of leaning towards the 400ex rear. i am getting either a banshee axle or afteramarket blaster axle. would a 400 shock be a good choice? Btw i am running asr +3+1 a arms and yfz 450 shocks and love them

i just tried the honda 450r fronts on my +3+1 arms and they hit the upper arm, thiswas at full droop and would clear a little better once it raises up

i still would require a shock widening kit as well...the +3+1 are for stock shocks...not the long travel counterparts

the honda 450 shocks have the rezzie mounted rearward instead of out to the side like the yfz and a narrow top mount that would require some shimmage in the upper mount location

just an fyi

Reactions: Markblaster
the widening kit will let you put longer shocks on the front with the stock arms, some aftermarket arms are setup for stock shocks, these will also require the widening kit...unless you buy LT arms (long travel) as they are made for the longer shocks and dont need the widening kit

another option is stock length aftermarket shocks

so if i buy a widening kit i could run like 400 ex shocks or any other shock that you guys have recommended and it will be a big up grade for my blaster with out costing too much money ? and without buying new a arms

sorry, the widening kit i was looking at had the conversion in it, and i assumed that the shock only widening kit came with the adjustable conversion upper parts you are correct Larry....the link i posted is the required shock kit for longer shocks sorry for the confusion

I don't race my blaster it is a trail only, anyone know what i could use to raise it a couple of inches? Thanks in advance. Also I'm 5' 10" and about 210