carb setting DIY?

blaster1

Jan 29, 2008
ILLINOIS
I just cant get it right! i twist and tune but i can not get it tuned in. i know that every carb is gunna be a differnt exact setting. but i just thought that maybe if i can see a picture of what i am supose to be doing then maybe i could get it tuned. this would be very helpful....:">

yes every carb is going to be diffrent but you have to keep diffrent factrors the same, like what fuel mixture ratio you have, air box lid on/off. i know people say to keep the idle screw 1.5 turns out but mines like .50-.75 turns out. what i did was get it to where it would idle right and then shut it off. turn in back on and then ride it. tune if you have to and turn it off. also somethin that plays a factor is the big screw under your seat. play with that a little. hope this helps. i cant find my charger for my camera so no pics.

eastest way is o check ur plug u want a tan/brown color white is to lean and black and wet is rich i have my air/fuel 1 1/2 turns out and yes the screw on the tors on the carb well make it idle...jets are the biggest thing if u got air filter or am pipe u should of rejetted 230 is stock so if u got a pipe go up one or 2.elevation plays a big role in carbs and jetting so just keep checkin plug till u get it right cold and warm weather play a factor too also your needle valve can be raised or lowered too

ok i'll try to rejet i did'nt know i had to for my air filter. i have a foam uni air filter and the rest is stock, what do you think i should jet it to?