Buying a blaster

Mschramm08

Jul 1, 2012
Hey y'all...I'm in need of some advice...I've got this guy who wants to trade me his 2001 blaster for a go kart I have...he tells me all it needs a piston kit, which isn't a big deal cuz if I can't figure it out I got a buddy that knows how to do it...this is an amazin deal BTW, the quad running is worth more than the kart i have...but being new to quads I was wondering what I should look for when I go to check it out...

Any help is appreciated for this newbie!!
Michael

Depends on what you value the blaster at in its current condition , Id say go for it , I just bought a blasty with the same thing (supposedly) and it was a Little worse , the Cyl needs to be bored over and yours might too , But Welcome to the Site and Looking forward to seeing it !!

Depends on what you value the blaster at in its current condition , Id say go for it , I just bought a blasty with the same thing (supposedly) and it was a Little worse , the Cyl needs to be bored over and yours might too , But Welcome to the Site and Looking forward to seeing it !!

Yea my aunt and uncle had a pair of blasters, mid to late 90's models I dnt remember exactly by they were nice!!! I'm going tomorrow to check it out
Thanks for the welcome and I will be back if I have any problems lol
Thank you

bring a compression tester even though you know its all ready blown, look if it has any nice upgrades, check for broken parts. just look for the obvious

I don't have a compression tester...I figured as much to check for obvious defects/missing parts it's a 2stroke so no need to check oil...he sent me a pic and it looks like he may have at least changed front springs...I'll find out tomorrow

Thanks for your help!!

I don't have a compression tester...I figured as much to check for obvious defects/missing parts it's a 2stroke so no need to check oil...he sent me a pic and it looks like he may have at least changed front springs...I'll find out tomorrow

Thanks for your help!!

Upload the picture so we can see! :p

Hey y'all...I'm in need of some advice...I've got this guy who wants to trade me his 2001 blaster for a go kart I have...he tells me all it needs a piston kit, which isn't a big deal cuz if I can't figure it out I got a buddy that knows how to do it...this is an amazin deal BTW, the quad running is worth more than the kart i have...but being new to quads I was wondering what I should look for when I go to check it out...

Any help is appreciated for this newbie!!
Michael

If the piston broke a skirt it could have dropped it into the bottom of the crankcase and cracked or broke the case. Fixable, but more trouble than you want to get into. Look carefully.

hey guys im new to this site and new to atvs let alone basters just bought my first one the other day i had a couple questions first is it worth to buy a silencer pipe? please give me some input

of your blaster doesn't have a silencer yes... if it does but you just want to buy a aftermarket silencer than just buy the head pipe aswell then you will notice difference

hey guys im new to this site and new to atvs let alone basters just bought my first one the other day i had a couple questions first is it worth to buy a silencer pipe? please give me some input

Definately a bonus to fit an aftermarket pipe.

It could pay to start your own thread, so others can discuss with you how to go about it.

Lots of good advice is avalilable on BF.