blaster v.s. suzuki 450

yamahablaster01

May 23, 2008
ellington,missouri
my friend just got a suzuki 450 quadracer and i am wanting to rebuild my blaster this winter with a la sleeve 240 big bore kit, 3mm stroker crank,port and polish, v-force reeds,35mm carb and a k&n airfilter. i was wondering if i do all this work how far behide the 450 will i be. i also want to know if i will be able to outrun him through the gears

if you go with 14/38 gearing that will help. i have no idea how it would compare, but im working on a race lrt 450 at co op, and holy but f*ck, no way a crazy blaster would be able to beat it. has like everything. we just put new valves and cams in it.

man im hoppin to RIP my friends lt400 or whatever it is. its a 400 suzuki 4 stroke. he was talkin smack about blasters. hes guna sh*t bricks when he see's me rip dirt up in his face. i think with my sh*t then a port job i could stay with 450's. watchya think?

man im hoppin to RIP my friends lt400 or whatever it is. its a 400 suzuki 4 stroke. he was talkin smack about blasters. hes guna sh*t bricks when he see's me rip dirt up in his face. i think with my sh*t then a port job i could stay with 450's. watchya think?

not going to happen

No way in hell your gonna out run a LTR!! even in the woods, the blaster would be no challenge for an LTR! Even with the size diffrence, the LTR will eat ur blasty! Your talking about a Fuel Injected 450 that comes standard with all the goodies for the track! But seriously, I'v rode two ltr 450's and theres just no comparison to a modded blaster!

with the right set up its possible to beat the 450's. Stock a 450 only puts out about 42 hp, and modified there still only running upper 40's to low 50's for horsepower, so its definately possible

its possible, but not with his list of mods! its gonna take more and better than that! And thats a stock 450 at about 42 hp, which is pretty good, whats his blaster gonna put out with them mods? 25 - 35 hp?

Its really going to depend on what pipe you run, who ports your cylinder, how the engines set up and how good you can ride. With his mods he could very well be putting out mid 40's for hp.

Like I said your gonna need balls of steel to ride that hard, but when the other guys gota couple cotton balls between his legs its not that hard. Im not saying that My quad would outrun a ltr 450. If they where both ridden by equal ridders the 450 would still win (for now hahahahahaha<---evil laugh)

what i was saying was that with his stock 240 he will not beat a ltz 400 or a ltr 450

^ excatly, but he's still not going to even with a port job, yes he may be able to keep up with it, but he'll never out run it anywhere but tight trails!

this should give you an idea of what im talking about! and this is a modded shee!

Last edited by a moderator:
c'mon man...thats a shee...you said ur blaster was hangin with the 450...i can beat most slightly modded 450 on my banshee...but not even close on my blaster