blaster v.s. suzuki 450

guy's, ya'll are talking about a 250 cc difference. That is more than twice the blaster. By the time you put enough mods on a blaster to keep up with a 450, you could have bought a used 450. This is a quad is in a completely different type of class. Take the blaster for what it is, a fun, pretty quick and hell of a lot of fun to ride quad. Why even try to put it in the same class?

exactly, a blaster is fun for what it is, but it will never compete with the 450s

A blaster with a few mods will take a honda 400 in drag on asphalt. i have seen it with my own eyes!!! the yfz that was also racing was piped cam and 13:1 comp. there was no touching it! but the blasty i was on is only ported with stroker with stock carb. i have the video!!

I wouldnt dump all the money u guys dump into these things...If i had that kinda money i would just go buy a bigger better 4 wheeler.

Considering that my quad is set up for my riding style and has all the things on it that I want makes it a better fourwheeler then the others. What the hell is the fun in having the same thing as every other tard in the parking lot?

Considering that my quad is set up for my riding style and has all the things on it that I want makes it a better fourwheeler then the others. What the hell is the fun in having the same thing as every other tard in the parking lot?

exactly, and thats the way it should be! not somone one on here saying there stock blaster is hanging with the 450's!! and i know you didnt say it but somone did, i dont know who, but thats what i was trying to beg the differ!also ^ thats the kinnda stuff that sets a bike apart instead of it being "another blaster" its a nice blaster!

guy's, ya'll are talking about a 250 cc difference. That is more than twice the blaster. By the time you put enough mods on a blaster to keep up with a 450, you could have bought a used 450. This is a quad is in a completely different type of class. Take the blaster for what it is, a fun, pretty quick and hell of a lot of fun to ride quad. Why even try to put it in the same class?

and it may be a 250cc diffrence, but your also talking about 2-stroke vs 4 stroke! it can very well be done with a blaster, just not with the mods he had listed! And with mods for a blaster, their about half the price of everything for a 450! so if you already have the blaster bought, then modding the blaster would be cheaper performance wise, but if you just want an all around better stock bike, then buy a 450!!

I wouldnt dump all the money u guys dump into these things...If i had that kinda money i would just go buy a bigger better 4 wheeler.

You have a little bit of money into your quad. And for the price that I got my blaster and the engine mods it will still be cheaper than even getting a slow as 660.

I have waaaaaay too much money in my blaster any way you look at it. But I figure I've gone this far why not go all the way. I know that I'm never going to out run a good rider on a 450 sport quad over a long haul but as long as I can make them think "why is it so hard to shake that guy on a blaster?" while im in the woods, then I'll be happy:)

omg, i tell this to people allll the time. i'd rather have something I did myself, than have something that everyone else does. my friend wanted to get an evo, and i said why put all that money into a stock car? just buy a cheaper car, mod it to hell and you'll have something unique.

yea i would like to have a custom blaster but its a waste honestly

my blaster was $2000 and for about $3000 you could have a used yfz450...even if i put $1000 in the blaster, the yfz would still beat it with no problem and has way better suspension and brakes and everything

depends on what type of racing..drag racing??hell yeah you can take a modded 450 with a BB stroked blaster easily if setup right..

You guys that stand up for the blaster must have not ever really put anytime in on a 450 or a 400 for that matter. The ride is somuch smoother, the power delivery is so much more reliable, the torque is out of this world, and the list goes on and on. I agree with you guys about having unique blasters, thats the only real reason I have kept mine this long is cuz I feel its unique to others but damn WHY do we keep having this argument over and over?

" Uh yea hi guys I want to beat my friends new 450! So Im going to say Im going to do all this motor work and new tires and beat him right?"

NO WRONG! You have no idea how much money it will take! if you want to beat him go buy a similiar quad. I have only seen maybe 3-4 for blastys that could keep up with lightly modded 450 on a dirt drag strip that had at least 15000 in their setups. And yes they were really dam fast! But lets be serious they really weren't blasters anymore and were a huge money pit. There is only so far and fast that little motor can push you down a track. The 450's engine builders are still making large advancements each season in finding more power.

Go watch some venom yfz's and tell me what you think. Just youtube it or find some videos from any of the last 5 sandfest.

You guys that stand up for the blaster must have not ever really put anytime in on a 450 or a 400 for that matter. The ride is somuch smoother, the power delivery is so much more reliable, the torque is out of this world, and the list goes on and on. I agree with you guys about having unique blasters, thats the only real reason I have kept mine this long is cuz I feel its unique to others but damn WHY do we keep having this argument over and over?

" Uh yea hi guys I want to beat my friends new 450! So Im going to say Im going to do all this motor work and new tires and beat him right?"

NO WRONG! You have no idea how much money it will take! if you want to beat him go buy a similiar quad. I have only seen maybe 3-4 for blastys that could keep up with lightly modded 450 on a dirt drag strip that had at least 15000 in their setups. And yes they were really dam fast! But lets be serious they really weren't blasters anymore and were a huge money pit. There is only so far and fast that little motor can push you down a track. The 450's engine builders are still making large advancements each season in finding more power.

Go watch some venom yfz's and tell me what you think. Just youtube it or find some videos from any of the last 5 sandfest.

I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!!
im selling my blaster, its an 06, if anybody wants it hit me up
im just gonna keep the quadracer