blaster v.s. suzuki 450

would doing the 4 degree mod to the stator even help my 240 kit? or is it not worth it? because i would need a flywheel puller and my threads on my flywheel are prety mangled to begin with. where will i feel it?

when you consider my blaster which is bored .40 over with a 4 degree timig advance mod, Boyeson pro series dual stage reeds, custom exhaust,
absolutely smokes by buddys' ltz400 the 240 big bore kit should absolutely smoke that 450.

my sons stock blaster keeps up with the ltz400.
no joke guys!!! the blaster makes the ltz400 look silly.
my friend recently added a sunstar 42 tooth rear sprocket and can keep up with me now.
but not bad for a 200cc!!

especially when you consider that the blaster has a 6 speed tranny.
and the 240 big bore kit adds some serious power and speed.

Got any vids by any chance? probally not, but thought id ask! lol

quadracers are cool, but only the 2 cycle ones. the 4 pokes um i mean 4 strokes, are slow on all of them.

thank God there are some decent 2 cycle engines still around.
we'd all be bored to tears with what they offer now.

the blaster really doesn't cost that much to upgrade either. and even with upgrades it's still a VERY reliable atv.
(the blaster can be bored 100 over without causing overheating.)
a 240 big bore kit only runs you $500.00
and with all of the good used blasters out there you can grab one for cheap.
pound for pound with all of the inexpensive and free modifications you can do to the blaster, it really is the choice in the 250cc class.
that's why you still see them racing 2 years after they quit making them.

as well if you need a few extra horses, boring it .40 makes a seriously noticeable difference.
and you can do that for around $200.00 machine shop, and all parts included.
it's a simple job, and you can disassemble it yourself and put it back together, so there's no labor charge. mine drags me around like nobodys' business and i weigh in at 168 pounds.
a lighter rider would get a little more out of it.

Got any vids by any chance? probally not, but thought id ask! lol

nope but i can shoot a video or two, now that my buddy can keep up with me it wont hurt his feelings as bad to post a video of it.
we have a track here and iam always in front with him nipping at my heels trying to get around me, but even in the wide straights he still can't pass me.
he runs out of gears at 5th and i still have 6th gear.

you have to go with an extremely large 4 cycle engine to beat a much smaller 2 cycle engine.
you just can't substitute the raw power of a 2 cycle engine.

you just can't substitute the raw power of a 2 cycle engine.

yess!!!!

but i just look at it this way:

240 kit-$500+ship
longer a arms-$350+ship
longer axle-$200+ship
longer swingarm-$400+ship
exhaust-$300+ship
banshee front shocks-$100+ship
250r or 400rear shock-$100+ship
total-$1750(plus shipping)
plus i paid $2000 for my blaster
so really it would be $4000 or so
i could get a NICE 250r for HALF of that
and even after all those mods to the blaster, a 250r would be faster and more reliable

i like the blaster idea, it just doesnt make any sense

Last edited: