96 blaster

Quadmaniac

Jun 30, 2015
I got. A 96 blaster and I clicked it into gear and when I went to pull it up for a wheelie a trans gear snapped and went through the bottom of the motor and made about a 3/4 inch circle hole. Can I use jb weld to fix this or can I take a piece of aluminum and weld it on there, then buy a new trans. Any help is much appreciated

the hole is on the stator side under the shift lever I tried to upload a pic of it but it won't let me

Attachments

• 20150922_213925.jpg
    20150922_213925.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 328
Wow, never seen that.

You need to find out WHY this happened.

JB weld = NO!

you could possibly have a shop repair it, or you can replace the case half

Are you making alot of power? That's pretty freaky, I would think that end of the shaft would have to had come out somehow.
Might be easier to find a motor with good cases and trans, at worst you could use everything else (crank, cylinder, etc). Might be a good time to redo the top end.

The sad thing is that I just put new hotrods crank and namura piston and new jug on but it is all stock. As for a new motor I found a guy with a shee bottom end for 100$ so I'm just gonna buy that. And go from there

I know a banshee bottom end won't work I'm buying it and I'm gonna buy a top end for it and fit it in the frame

I know a banshee bottom end won't work I'm buying it and I'm gonna buy a top end for it and fit it in the frame
I don't know, with all the modifications to do that you'd probably be better off just getting a banshee. Although it would be cool to see a build like that.

I think the hardest fit will be the pipes. I think it'd be cool too. I'd have one of the first blastershees

Everyone already puts banshee axles, spindles, brakes, rims, sprockets etc on their blasters why not the motor to.

I often wondered if a water cooled stock or big bore banshee cylinder and head could be fitted on blaster cases.
Even at 175 cc, only 20cc less, a single banshee cylinder makes 18hp (1/2 of 36hp) which is already more than a stock blaster, you can even get an oem water pump for the blaster case.
I got a feeling that this won't work,or everyone would have a water cooled banshee cylinder. Are the banshee cylinders connected at the base, share the center water jacket? Never worked on a shee.
What about the base bolt spacing?

Anyway back on topic I would think if you did a tors delete, you could almost use the blaster harness might have to modify the connection to the cdi box as well a add an additional coil wire. If the oil tank were removed you could likely reroute the existing oil level sensor wires to run the extra coil.
It might be just as easy and certainly cheaper to use the blaster harness and just get the cdi box and regulator from the banshee, as well as a spare coil. I really don't know much about the shee but might be worth checking into, would save you from having to get a entire donor shee.

Or could I just get a shee wire harness and make It work. Also could I use the oil tank for the blaster, clean the living hell out of it( cause I don't use it and there's a lot of mud and dirt in it ) and use it as the radiator fluid over flow

Or could I just get a shee wire harness and make It work. Also could I use the oil tank for the blaster, clean the living hell out of it( cause I don't use it and there's a lot of mud and dirt in it ) and use it as the radiator fluid over flow

That s a pretty good idea a long ways from the radiator but its up high enough should do the trick.

Yea the guy said that hes cleaning his garage so 100$ and Imore getting plastics tired and riMs and the motor and air cleaner

Good deal sure. But what will the end cost be? probably around a grand unless that bottom end is perfect.
-I assume it is not and thats why it is not connected to the top end currently.

also the width of the banshee case will be wider. wont fit between the blaster frame by the swinger (or front) but my main point is the swinger mount
1) you will have to make the frame wider.
2) you will have to move the whole engine to the right side for sprockets to line up

Now i havent worked on a banshee engine so i guess i shouldnt be talking much. but those are just some things to consider before you go through on this

Where there is a will there is a way. I would love to see the end result, and good luck

Thanks Im gonna need the luck. The guy said the top end is on it but the cylinders are scored so I would start by either boring the old cylinders or I might but brand new ones

It would def be cheaper to buy a banshee, you can get one for 2500. Unless you have insanely good fabrication skills, welding skills, math skills and the parts lying around. As everyone already said though the end result would be badass if completed.

Well I do think I'm pretty good at fabricating but I'm no expert. I wanted to do this because the quad would go from one of the slowest to one of the fastest

Nothing wrong with that , of course you could always pick up a donor blater for a couple hundred bucks, and not only have what you need but spares as well.