86 lt250f .5 over into 98 blaster chassis

uuok

Dec 28, 2014
squeezed the suzuki engine into the blaster frame, aligned sprockets for chain and have it blocked where custom mounts could be simply welded on (have not chopped frame). I bring this up because the engine still has about two inches before resting bottom on frame bottom (starter gets hung up on angled part of frame) question is, would machinist made floating mounts be strong enough to endure the hell hole I'm going to tear up, or should I cut and modify the frame so my engine sits flush?

image.jpg
Try not to cut frame if possible,,, pics would help allot..
image.jpg

Try not to cut frame if possible,,, pics would help allot..
image.jpg image.jpg yes it is a 4 stroke engine, no it was not by choice. please don't hate. aside that, I am in the midst of having mounts made, and then on to fabbing everything else to fit and have in working order.

By the looks of the sprocket the motor will have to be lowered in order for the chain to be somewhat parallel to the rear sprocket. That's an lt230 motor right?

By the looks of the sprocket the motor will have to be lowered in order for the chain to be somewhat parallel to the rear sprocket. That's an lt230 motor right?
would you suggest slightly tilting the engine back until chain will run more true? chain and front sprocket are soaking right now, may be easier and more accurate to get pictures of when they're back on. can the chain incline at all? or must the alignment be square (9o'clock - 3o'clock) it's an lt250f quad runner motor

The thing is you want the front and rear sprocket aligned not only from side to side but also so the chain isn't constantly riding on the roller or chain slider.. It will wear out real quick and most likely pop when the suspension moves the other way. Of course up and down movement will have the chain on the roller or slides at times but from the way it looks in the frame now it would constantly be rubbing on the bottom of the roller. Where the a arm attaches to the frame. That is actually where the rear of the Blaster motor mounts to the frame. It shares the mounts with the swing arm..

Whole motor needs to be lower, won't happen without cutting frame. Look at other blasters, quads, motorcycles to see how/where sprocket is in relation to swing arm. Tilting engine isn't good idea as may cause oil pick-up problems.

Seriously reconsider your options before hacking away.

The final drive sprocket must be in the same plane as the swingarm pivot otherwise when the swinger goes through its arc the chain will tighten and loosen, causing heaps of headaches.

I like hybrids but like stated above .. reconsider! .. a heavier motor with less power potential .. you will have to remove part of the frame to move the motor down & foward .. I don't see a valve cover but it will probably be where the tank should be and the carb/filter will be where the top shock mount is .. the sprocket should be as close to the pivot bolt as possible and the chain should just touch the pivot bolt roller with the shock extended & fully compressed .. you must deside if the reward is worth a great deal of work & problem solving.

pic of a functional sprocket location on a Blaster hybrid .. you can imagin where the chain will be when the swingarm is compressed.
alkyyz250motor036.jpg

Last edited: