works shocks, soft to hard?

jdmallmotorhatc

Jul 6, 2009
INDY!
I got these Works shocks on a blaster i got in a parts deal so i decided to try them out of course right...... well i noticed right away the front was really soft and the recoil was terribly slow but the rear is perfect so it was throwing the bike all over the place it seemed. could the front being loose and slow recoiling if they are low on nitrogen? or are these shocks possible just pieces of sh*t at this point in their lives? im kind of clueless really... any suggestions would be great

well they could not be adjusted to your weight. when you buy aftermarket shocks they design them for your weight. so i would send these into works in order to have them readjusted to your weight. This is much cheaper than just buying new shocks

I would sell them to me for dirt cheap, and never worry about them again... Works are great folks to dela with they will tell you if they are set for your weight.. It sounds like maybe they are not... However you could adjust the preload to stiffen them up some too... It may help some. What model Works do you have? When you say recoil is slow... Do you mean rebound as in how fast they return to the nuetral position?

If you are not sire please post or send pics so we can get a better idea on what adjustments you have on your setup. Pics of both ends, and the entire shock would be helpful. Some shocks you can adjust the rebound some you cannot.

they are probably valved to soft for you, and low on nitrogen

when you push them down, do they make a loud creeking sound??? if so, they are low on nitrogen and the spring is doing all the work

they are probably valved to soft for you, and low on nitrogen

when you push them down, do they make a loud creeking sound??? if so, they are low on nitrogen and the spring is doing all the work

when i push them down just the rebound is very slow. i have no clue what model they are or anything, but i will for sure look into and post pictures up asap!!