Why a Blaster?

think of them as the honda civic of ATV's. every kid has one, they all think their the fastest thing on the road, and stickers = horsepower.

then there are a select handful that will make you wish you never talked sh*t about them when they spank you on the racetrack.

well when i was 19 i bought a brand spankin new blaster,2003, it was either the blaster or a warrior and i could either get a stock warrior or i could get a well modded blaster for the same price
and when u pull up to a pack of 400 exs on the trail ,they laugh ,and so do i because theres no way they can keep up
if i had a nickel for every time somebody said thats too small get somethin bigger then they cant even keep up enough to eat my dust ,then they say wow thats fast can i ride it

The list of mods in your sig doesn't seem like it adds up to something that fast? Coreyownz list of mods is mostly cosmetic so I don't see how his Blaster could be so fast?? So you guys are all basically competing with the smaller 4 stroke bikes? I've ridden 660 Raptors and there is no way my Blaster would ever even get close enough to get hit with some rocks.

i compete with 400ex's and 450's on an mx track. i started racing a blaster 10 yrs ago with just a few mods and didn't have much of a problem keeping up with 250r's. with my current blaster, i decided to go all out

hence the port and polish milled head and pipe i dont always have $1000 laying around its a investment... im 13 and work my ass off to get parts for it and when i get the time and money i put it in my blaster plus i have a side account for a car which ill need fairly soon im geting a 3mil stroker crank next year by the guy that did my port and head as its free cause he owes my dad some big bucks :) :(

Well when i first started reading your post, i almost wanted to respond in a mad way. but not going to.

Like someone else said, the blasters a good size for smaller people, but im not small. im 200lbs and this little guy pulls me fine, that is, with all my mods. blasters may start off at the bottom of the food chain, but once done up nicely, there up there.

I think having a blaster is about how easy it is to mod and the parts available. your right, everyone that puts a bunch of money into them to go fast, should just buy something fast to start out, but what fun is that? and id never buy a shee. honestly, thats too much power for even me that loves to fly. a blasters like the middle class that you can make low upper class with parts but still keep it simple, reliable, moderatly low cost, but most important the fact you can modify them like crazy and non of them are the same. that goes for most quads, but id say, blasters can be easily modified so far different that its fun to have a very unique quad, performance wise and looks wise.

I was recently thinking about buying a yfz450 but honestly, i dont want one. ive put so much money and time into my blaster its to my preference and i love that. its more about the time then the money. i know ive modified her to be alot more powerful and handle alot better then a stock one. not the same buying a yfz450. its all done up to go pretty damn fast and handle nicely, but weres the fun in just riding fast.

maybe its just me, but i love to make my stuff different, to stand out from the rest. i dont like having something that everyone else has. doing it a different way.

hope that all made sence lol.

Reactions: blasterfreek30
Well when i first started reading your post, i almost wanted to respond in a mad way. but not going to.

Like someone else said, the blasters a good size for smaller people, but im not small. im 200lbs and this little guy pulls me fine, that is, with all my mods. blasters may start off at the bottom of the food chain, but once done up nicely, there up there.

I think having a blaster is about how easy it is to mod and the parts available. your right, everyone that puts a bunch of money into them to go fast, should just buy something fast to start out, but what fun is that? and id never buy a shee. honestly, thats too much power for even me that loves to fly. a blasters like the middle class that you can make low upper class with parts but still keep it simple, reliable, moderatly low cost, but most important the fact you can modify them like crazy and non of them are the same. that goes for most quads, but id say, blasters can be easily modified so far different that its fun to have a very unique quad, performance wise and looks wise.

I was recently thinking about buying a yfz450 but honestly, i dont want one. ive put so much money and time into my blaster its to my preference and i love that. its more about the time then the money. i know ive modified her to be alot more powerful and handle alot better then a stock one. not the same buying a yfz450. its all done up to go pretty damn fast and handle nicely, but weres the fun in just riding fast.

maybe its just me, but i love to make my stuff different, to stand out from the rest. i dont like having something that everyone else has. doing it a different way.

hope that all made sence lol.

well said, rep points for that man!!

ya know i like hitting the track and trails i think my blasters the best for that i can throw it around pretty much in the woods i keep up with the bikes way better then i did on a raptor my buddys on the bikes were always stopping waiting for me on the raptor but on the blaster i fit and handle the trails alot better and its alot lighter which helps and i love 2 strokes and always will and also im 185 and 23 years old

Thanks for not. I:I

I'm not trying to piss anybody off. I was just looking for some legit reasons and you guys came up with some good ones. I guess I'm just one of those guys that has to have the biggest and baddest or it's not good enough and anything less isn't worth it. :"> Character flaw I guess......

I used to be one of those "Honda Civic" guys. My Civic's were all boosted and faster than most cars on the street in my city. I guess I could have started with a V8 and ended up with something quite a bit faster, but the Civic is what I had and I liked it for several reasons. Cheap insurance, good on gas even when you beat on it, easy to work on, plenty of aftermarket and spare parts available, etc. I:I

Yeah, i think you did to. Lol

But i basically got the blaster frame and some other stuff for free. Just had to work at my brothers house, and its mine. I have the choice to part it out, or fix it up and make it my own. Im about 99% sure im gonna keep it, fix it up, ride it, and yet my brothers kids and my younger cousins to play on. Ive always wanted a racing quad, but i would never buy one. And with this blaster, i basically have it and am just gonna go with it. So basically the reason i have it, is luck. But i oughta be able to handle its power. I spend a lot of time on a snowmobile with 100 horses stock, so i think it will be good for me. But im pretty new to the sport quad world, been driving since i was a baby, got a honda foreman 2 or 3 years ago. This should be like 100 times better then the foreman, except for off roading and working. But like they said, it seems like these are cheap and easy to work on.

so i bought my blaster for $1200.00

i have put about $500.00 into suspension mods.

i am goinf to put about to put in another $1500.00 into the motor (P&P, stroker, ect)

and about $200.00 into other random parts.

Total$3400.00

thats cheaper then i could buy any used YFZ450, and if i wanted a banshee in even ok condition it would cost that maybe a little more, and it would be stock most likely.

so in conclusion there are 3 reasons to get a blaster

1.Cheap to buy
2.Cheap to mod
3.Cheap to fix when you break it.

Last edited:
Blasters have to be the easiest quad to work on. Its much eaiser than my nephews 900cc chineese quad.

Lol. Just from reading up and looking at pics, it looks a hell of a lot easier then working on our foreman or ranger. Pretty close to workin on our sleds. But most likely easier.

Put it this way. if you have any kind of mechanical know how you can have the whole motor pulled out of the bike in 15 minutes. It took me about 20 minutes to replace my crank seals.