whats wrong with this??

blasterboy32

Jan 9, 2012
harrisburg, pennsylvania
I know there's a lot of threads about rear brakes but couldn't find the answer to this. Why is my disc against one side of my caliper? Its against the pad that moves. I took the caliper off and backed the white gear inside all the way out and the rotor is still against it and the other pad wont stay in its place. I'm guessing the rotor is supposed to hold it there but I'm not sure. If I turn the white adjuster gear it will just be pressing against the rotor even more. Do I even have the rotor mounted right? Why is it all the way to one side of the caliper then? Here's some pics to help explain the problem. I know I should just go to hydrostatic but don't have the money right now.
IMG494.jpg

IMG495.jpg

IMG496.jpg

I know there's a lot of threads about rear brakes but couldn't find the answer to this. Why is my disc against one side of my caliper? Its against the pad that moves. I took the caliper off and backed the white gear inside all the way out and the rotor is still against it and the other pad wont stay in its place. I'm guessing the rotor is supposed to hold it there but I'm not sure. If I turn the white adjuster gear it will just be pressing against the rotor even more. Do I even have the rotor mounted right? Why is it all the way to one side of the caliper then? Here's some pics to help explain the problem. I know I should just go to hydrostatic but don't have the money right now.
IMG494.jpg

IMG495.jpg

IMG496.jpg

you mean hydro brakes and the rotor hub is in backwards

Your rotor is on backwards (as everyone else said)

Also, it looks like the "grommet" that is supposed to hold the "dead side" pad in is missing. The dead side shouldn't just slip out like that....

i got it adjusted right but how much side to side play should the rotor have?

Not very much, if any at all

Hold on boss, that's the mechanical caliper. That rotor floats! Without the pads tightened up against it, it will slide side to side right off the axle. With the pads tightened up against it, it should only be able to move side to side maybe 1/16"