water for gas

LOOPY

hey guys i've been doing a little reading about this and i think u should check it out. not very practical for a quad obviously, but i'm pretty sure i'm gonna try this with my 91 cavalier in the near future. they claim a minimum of 35% increase in fuel mileage and as good as 56% increase.

fyi: 30mpg car with this system at 50% better mileage = 45mpg

just found it interesting.I:I

yeah, as i said that's why i wanna try it with my couple hundred dollar 91 cavalier instead of my 05 neon. hehe. i'm not saying it won't go kaboom, but if nobody is willing to try then no one will know, right? and in regards to the ethanol analogy, there is one major difference that gives me hope for this; no one to constantly profit from it like the farmers around here have profited from ethanol. so i have hopes for it, but lets just say they aren't too high

ya thats a smart idea im just sayin though i thought it was always bad to have water in your gas does anything in this world make since anymore

...and in regards to the ethanol analogy, there is one major difference that gives me hope for this; no one to constantly profit from it like the farmers around here have profited from ethanol. so i have hopes for it, but lets just say they aren't too high

Cool. I don't mean to come off as being down on Ethanol producers and corn farming. I'm all in favor of supporting the little guy (hell, my granddad was a corn and bean farmer for 50 years). It's just that the idea some people have about Ethanol ending our dependence on gasoline is a pipe dream. I saw a study showing that if every U.S. acre of available farmland was producing corn strictly for Ethanol, it wouldn't even cover 1/2 of our fuel needs.

Anyway, let us know how the water deal turns out... Hell, gasoline was new technology once, too!

Last edited:
well, I had a piece of 1/8" hose about 5 feet long hooked directly to the chamber, and I was pinching it off with my thumb and finger letting it build up a little pressure. It started pushing little spurts of gas out past the pinch point. So I decided to see how good of a tourch it would make and held a lighter up to it, the spurts burnt fine but when I quit pinching it the flame shot all the way back down the hose and blew up the chamber. my wife was standing next to the chamber and got completely soaked (fortunantly all the PVC shrapnel missed her) I just looked up with one of those " I did that on purpose looks B-)" and she fell for it=))! And thats the story of how I built a "HYDROGEN BOMB" in my garageI:I

lol, had a similar experience in my bedroom with a peanut butter jar... had a 1/2" threaded copper fitting in the lid, thought with only about 3/4 of an inch of room above the water, it wouldn't do anything more than throw a little flame out the fitting, so i hit it with a lighter... end of the peanut butter jar.

i made a unit for my integra with 4" pvc, but can only drive with it on for about a half hour and it overheats. i had ss bolts goin thru the cap at the top and they got so hot they started melting down thru the pvc cap...

but i ran it for about a total of 100 miles out of 300 miles for the tank of gas, mileage went up from about 33 or 34 mpg to about 36, and it was a small unit. so if i could get the overheating problem fixed, i could probably get close to 40 mpg with my small unit.

your supposed to use either NaOH or KOH for an electrolyte, all i had was either table salt or baking soda, decided that baking soda was less corrosive so gave it a shot, maybe thats the source of my overheating, idk.

you can buy NaOH at a hardware store. Its commonly called Lye, I believe what I bought was called Red Devil Lye. Just Keep in mind that lye Is very caustic and that If it mixes with water and gets on your skin it burns Like you cannot possible imagine. the only thing you can do is nutralize it with an acid, lemon juice or vinigar work well (water makes it worse)

I'm at work and don't have time to go into the details, but there are several ppl at my brother's work who are running "HHO" makers under their hoods and they are all getting great gas mileage. One guy is getting around 50 mpg out of an old V8 work van. Don't know why, but it works. Will elaborate more later.