Tires that’ll fit rear blaster rims?

Aug 21, 2018
i live Hawaii and I’m having a hard time finding sizes to fit my blaster and shippings gonna kill me to buy rims and tires for a banshee set up will 22x11-8 fit or is that to big? If not what else sizes can I run that’s easy to find?

22 11 8 will work, but if you dont have an extended swingarm, they may rub on the plastic heel guards. They will also raise your gearing, so you may need to change the front sprocket size. I run 22's but I have a 100mm custom swinger.

I think if you change the hubs to yfz ones, you open yourself up to tons more options. Plus, the YFZ hubs shouldgive you a inch or so in extra width!

Wo
22 11 8 will work, but if you dont have an extended swingarm, they may rub on the plastic heel guards. They will also raise your gearing, so you may need to change the front sprocket size. I run 22's but I have a 100mm custom swinger.
uld you guys recommend a set up? Or what size tires would be abundant?

Yfz hubs? What size? And do they fit on the blaster axle splines?

Just looked back at my build log, looks like I used warrior hubs. They are the same spline, but the bolt pattern is different, which is a good thing. The blasters bolt pattern is not a very common one. But the warrior/banshee hubs are an extremely common bolt pattern. This lets you get rims of of many different bikes. Now that I think about it, i got yfz rims because the offset is different making the stance a little wider.

Banshee, Warrior , Raptor, YFZ 450 rear hubs will ALL fit the Blaster axle. Clearance is still the issue. I had a set of 22-11-9 on Warrior rims that I had to flip to clear the heel guards. I'm not sure if they all have same offset to the rims, pretty sure Blaster rims are neutral offset.
I only saw one set of tires on CRAIGSLIST seemed kinda pricey, but considering where you're at probably not bad.

Getting hubs shipped from mainland shouldn't be too much.

FYI, front rims from ALL those models will fit the Blaster.

I'll bet that volcanic rock is hard on tires.

Banshee, Warrior , Raptor, YFZ 450 rear hubs will ALL fit the Blaster axle. Clearance is still the issue. I had a set of 22-11-9 on Warrior rims that I had to flip to clear the heel guards. I'm not sure if they all have same offset to the rims, pretty sure Blaster rims are neutral offset.
I only saw one set of tires on CRAIGSLIST seemed kinda pricey, but considering where you're at probably not bad.

Getting hubs shipped from mainland shouldn't be too much.

FYI, front rims from ALL those models will fit the Blaster.

I'll bet that volcanic rock is hard on tires.
Advantage of using YZF hubs is that you can fit 9 inch ally rims! I totally forgot that I did that years ago... Opens up your tyre options nicely.