The Curse is back and stronger than ever.

If you rode it for a long time without the pipe sealing properly, I would suggest that you check out the piston for detonation damage, as 2 strokes do not like leaks anywhere in the system, they cause a lean condition.

I probably rode it for about 10 minutes like that

If you rode it for a long time without the pipe sealing properly, I would suggest that you check out the piston for detonation damage, as 2 strokes do not like leaks anywhere in the system, they cause a lean condition.

I probably rode it for about 10 minutes like that

Unfortunately detonation is not cured by cooling the engine, it just keeps on hot, or cold.

Hopefully it was not running so lean as to do any damage to the piston/rings.

Unfortunately detonation is not cured by cooling the engine, it just keeps on hot, or cold.

Hopefully it was not running so lean as to do any damage to the piston/rings.
the piston looks fine, i looked at it through the exhaust and intake ports and it looks like it wasnt damaged,
i replaced both the exhaust studs and funny enough it passed a leak test with a broken jug stud, but dont worry im replacing it too just to be safe

Reactions: Blaaster
You may be one lucky guy if no damage is apparent.

Cudos for checking the piston out.

ill know for sure when i pull the cylinder back off Thursday night, thats when my new gaskets come (none of the paper crap, never in my engine) ill update with pics, its only been on there 3 weeks and was spotless when i put it back on

I'm sick and tired of this bullshit. I go to put my Dynoport on and I find out that my exhaust stud hole is stripped. stupid piece of sh*t.

Hang in there , we all have bad days.

If it makes you feel any better, since my stroke I have been very outspoken, I am having trouble dealing with the change.

Pre stroke I had a placid temperament, but only the other day i threatened to flatten a bloke, was a poor choice, he was half my age and twice as big.

I am too old and frail to be doing that sort of thing

Hang in there , we all have bad days.

If it makes you feel any better, since my stroke I have been very outspoken, I am having trouble dealing with the change.

Pre stroke I had a placid temperament, but only the other day i threatened to flatten a bloke, was a poor choice, he was half my age and twice as big.

I am too old and frail to be doing that sort of thing

it was 2 and a half years a frustration at this thing, it was about time. and i was looking around the shop and found some helicoils that are the appropriate size.

Sounds like you with your blaster and I with this R are going through about the same level of stress.

If this R was mine, I'd have set fire to it.