The build has begun!

So I got some more go fast partys today....got the jug and head with the 35mm PWK, piston and rings with pin, uni filter, and added the spacer plate as well

Now I am awaiting Woodward to send me my stroker crank, gaskets from ebay, and....oh airbox, but they custom build those.

IMG_8718.jpg

So what exactly needs clearancing for this 2 stroke stroker? I know what to clearance on a V8...but kinds stumped on this....guess a heads up before i get the crank

Ahhh....hmmm....well when I get this stroker crank here i'll test fit it and see where it hits in those areas....and grind a little here and there until it clears.

Thanks much!

You wouldn't have pics of the gears and shift fork placement in the tranny would you? Just to double check i did this right...I know the forks are numbered 1-2-3 and are illustrated in the manual i got, but it's not clear where they hold onto the gears.

Ok well i got mine back together after hammering on someone elses bearing housing....the shift fork that is by itself is on the little pin, and the other pin with the c-clip attached to it, faces up, thile the other 2 forks are positioned on the top notch of the roller cam thingy and bottom...

IMG_8719.jpg

IMG_8720.jpg

IMG_8721.jpg

Lets not forget the stupidity of me taking off my steel toes after work and heading downstairs to beat on something....

IMG_8722.jpg

Can we say....IDIOT? LOL

Bottle jack fell off a work bench whilst hammering away at a bearing...

u should mod that shift star while its all apart

it take out that notchy feeling when shifting gears and allows for nice smooth shifts
100_3345.jpg

100_3346.jpg

Yeh i'm gonna grind on it some more...just getting this transmission down to a science before i go slappin' it back together.

wow this is an awesome write up hope i never have to use it lol

This writeup is for us guys onlimited budgets and can't aford to send the motor off to get put back together...plus it does give you ideas of what the cause of a problem could possibly be because you know it inside and out!

I just switched the gears back and forth on each case and now I have total control of the shift points while spinning the main drive gear and shift star simultaneously.

I hate transmissions...LOL

My patience wears thin when it comes to properly placing gears and getting everything to mesh and operate smoothly.

Well my complete gasket set got screwed up...missing sidecase gaskets. Just the top end....who pays $40 just for top end gaskets? I contacted the seller on ebay..

Well as of now I am at a standstill until Woodward decides to send me my crank that I bought on the 2nd.

Sorry for the long time and no update...been sick and dealing with the wife who has the flu as well.

Got to looking, and my 35mm PWK AirStriker is missing the cable adjuster that goes on top of the cap? Anyone know where i can find one to fit a 6mm cable? Vito's has one, but there is a $10 minimum order and the part is only $2. I don't see anything else on their site that i need, or what i do need is out of stock to make it over $10.

Well after a few moments of sickness between myself and the wife, i have started to work on it here and there. Got my swingarm painted...

IMG_8772.jpg

Got my case grinded out a little...I'll probably need more but I will do a test fit first with the crank and see how much more needs to be taken off. I did this with a porting stone and die grinder

IMG_8773.jpg

IMG_8774.jpg

IMG_8775.jpg

Also got my shift star ground off a little more also

IMG_8776.jpg

This weekend I will attempt to put the engine together...here is my cfm airbox I gotta put in as well with my uni filter inside

IMG_8769.jpg