The Blasty LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DirtDiggler

DUNEFREEK
Nov 24, 2009
Tacoma , Wa
Finally fired her up tonight , gotta rejet it for the pod filter , and get the idle right , It was too dark for pics , but I'll take a vid saturday and post it up , don't want to run it too long without being jetted right , filled the garage with stroke smoke , damn it was a wonderfull sound !!!!!!!!!!!!I:II:II:II:II:II:I

also I did have fuel coming out of the overflow ? stuck float ? I'll need to pull the carb off to jet , so I'll get a rebuild kit and clean her up . with the clamp on filter set up , I think I need to run a 290 or a 300 main , anyone with a similar set up running that or different? LMK , Fed and JJJ the exhaust sounds sick as hell , thanks again .....

Last edited:
i dunno if you're gonna need THAT much main jet, but you could try it, i'm gonna think around 280

I was gonna buy several jets start with 280 , 290 and 300 . Main goal is to get it idling right , and a nice smooth throttle response . Couple questions , the tube that comes off the carb float bowl does that ( if i remember right ) just extends down and ends just below the frame and acts as a overflow drain? but fuel shouldn't be dripping or running out all the time correct? and the long hose that is the crankcase ventilation hose , does that just end up at the back of the frame like at the grab bar? I should have took a few more pics of these hoses . I eliminated the oil injection by pulling the drive gear for the pump , then re-installed the pump and plugged all the lines to it with sillicone adhesive . and the 2 lines going to the r side of the carb I also plugged with sillicone adhesive .

before you go bending anything be sure your floats dont have cracks that would allow gas to get inside them.

I get yah I'll take the carb off and clean everything real good and inspect them then reinstall a 280 main jet and go from there what's a set of floats run if you need new ones ?

hmmmm if you needed new ones you would prolly have to order them from a yammi store or you could see if somebody would cannibalize a spare carb for ya. I dint know how much either would be tho

i had to get a new float...its about 20 bucks from yamaha. i don't know where else to get one either.

i do have that one that's only seen gas once lol, and a carb that got a full rebuild kit that is junk because i didn't check the threads at the top of the carb

is there a reason why my 2000 blaster keeps oozing oil out of the Crankcase ventilation hose, am i using the wrong oil? did i over fill it? about to rip my hair out this project has turned into a nightmare

it’s best to start your own thread if you have a question. An ongoing thread is bad enough, but a 10yr old thread might not get you an answer !
Short answer is you should do a leak down. Start your own thread, you’ll get lots more answers