Specialized's 89 Blaster Build

are you still having the fouling problem? you could go up to a -7 plug to get a little more heat in the cylinder if you haven't bumped the compression too much. just have to keep an ear out for detonation.

ok im building one of these
but im not gonna have the front skiis like that.
im gonan weld up some mounts so i can just unbolt them.

Last edited by a moderator:
it made an amazing transformation, i was thinkin about that ski idea myself, let me know how it works out i just picked up my 02 blasty for 100 bucks with a siezed motor from sitting, put some mystery oil in it and rocked it back and forth and it freed right up rebuilt the carb nd she fired!, im also interested in the skid plate idea . . . how hard was that?

i seen that-^^^ well havent started on the skis yet, gonan rip it apart soon to get the frame powdercoated, 200 bux to sandblast and powdercoat any color i want.

UPDATE........
Well kinda got the modding bug again since i got my truck lifted and done with.
ordered a new clutch lever and perch, i think its asv , i dunno but it was expensive and i hope its actually easier to pull.
Kinda started setting up my own powder coating laboratory haha.
got a gun from Eastwood, a couple different powders, and in the process of getting a oven.
Going to rip apart the bike slowly and powder it myself except the frame, unless i can rig up an oven that is big enough.
Colors so far are going to be Black A-arms,swinger,pegs, all the little stuff.
then frame,nerfs,bars will be the same color as the rims on this car.
2008-subaru-impreza-world-rally-car-1.jpg

will do freek, well see how good the parts turn out.
i can fully finish my swinger in time for summer, itll feel like a whole new quad.
do you think you guys could make some replacement bushings for my shocks?
there shot and the company wont sell me any for some reason.
like say if i gave you the exact diminsions or a little bigger and squeeze em in there?

will do freek, well see how good the parts turn out.
i can fully finish my swinger in time for summer, itll feel like a whole new quad.
do you think you guys could make some replacement bushings for my shocks?
there shot and the company wont sell me any for some reason.
like say if i gave you the exact diminsions or a little bigger and squeeze em in there?

yea man just give me some pics and dimensions on them and im sure we can come up with something bro

Hey Specialized, I'm looking at buying the same front bumper in black- Do you happen to know if yours is the "textured" black or "gloss" black? Thanks man!

I hope you don't mind, but I like the look of your quad so much, I'm gonna try to duplicate it in my own little way, minus the rear fenders for now. Definitely one of my favorites on the site!

haha ya man, Mine is the gloss black, i wish i would have gotten the textured.

wow i just realized how lazy i am, i started my swinger 10 monthes ago and havent touched it for a good 8 hahaha.
thats what happens when you own a ford i guess always busy working on it

Just figured I would post in here in case there was anybody else looking to steal some idea's from specialized's build (like myself):

It seems like Blingstar has discontinued the "Victory" model bumper for the blaster, as I cannot locate it anywhere. I found it on two seperate website's and purchased from both, and both times got calls saying the product was discontinued. This is really unfortunate since I really had my heart set on that particular bumper. I don't think I've seen it on any other blaster on this site, so I think you have something rare Specialized! I:I