Quadzilla ?

76ranger

Mar 20, 2008
Garfield Hts, Ohio
Anybody know much about these? Parts availability and the such. My buddy is looking to trade his dirtbike for a banshee and had a guy respond asking if he would be willing to trade it for a quadzilla. Anything to look for ...problems areas or the such. Thanks David

It's got to be the worst reliable quad ever,i mean a good maintain quadis reliable but this one is still the worst reliable,parts if im correct are rare and expensive BUT it's resale value is really high unlike a blaster:D

The high price they fetch is because they are legendary quads.
Biggest single 2 stroke quad of all time...
They have a cult following in certain circles and it's a good ride if you want to find Dr.Q and buy the required updated stuff to make it faster & more reliable.

First off you are talking about the 500 quadzilla right? Reason being many people confuse the quadzilla 500 with the quadracer 250. What year is it? Go check out quadracerhq.com for a ton of info. The 500 quadzilla is reasonably reliable from what I hear from the guys I know that own them, and a lot of the people bashing them don't even know someone who owns one much less owned one themselves or looked into them, but I haven't owned a 500 either.

If you want a non-biased opinion form what I know, they are wicked fast and the resale is high as long as it isn't a basket case, dad and I would be buying that 500 up right now he listed if we had the money, reason being is because no one has money right now which is why it is so cheap. Parts are available but aren't cheap like everything for the blasters are, be prepared to fork over a more money for the zilla stuff compared to blaster parts. The dr.q guy at the QHQ website I listed has the now how on those things and can get you as many nice parts as what you have the money for.

The NUMBER 1 MOST IMPORTANT THING, and I cannot seem to stress this enough with anybody, is to DRAIN THE FUKIN POWERVALVE AFTER EACH AND EVERY SINGLE RIDE!!! That goes for Quadzilla 500's and late '87 to 92 Quadracers. As long as you take care of your quad, they should last forever. I babied my Quadracer and would whoop everyones ass with it (Including Cantshees). But draining the powervalve and letting the carb idle dry is of utmost importance with a true High Performance 2 stroke.

From one who owned one.

Parts are not ungodly expensive though sometimes hard to find. (6 months for a clutch basket)

Not the most reliable machine out there but then they were only made for a short time and they are getting up there in age. I think the bad rap comes from the odds that it was not well cared for at one point in its life and you will inherit its problems.

Hmmm problems that are common. Well the clutch basket (stock) breaks. I think there is a problem with the case halves being warped and leaking. Uhh the base gasket goes out from time to time. And the icing on the cake....THEY SUCK TO KICK OVER so good luck hearing it run.

It is an AMAZING quad! But it does tend to take up all your time and money. Don't expect this to be your only ride you may spend a summer watching for the UPS truck to bring your repair bill. Good luck!

they can rip and thay are a legend for sure but be prepared to spend the money they require to fix the factory design problems , weak cases ,warped jugs ,stripped studs the crank bearing boss mod and welding the jugs up after extensive work ,head design prone ot detonate are some common complaints ,the quadracers dont have a powervalve like todays dirtbikes and sleds ,its a rotary exhaust valve in the exhaust tract and basicly does very little to imporve power ,more of a sludge collector

dude idk anyone who gets those confused...
lol you would be suprised, guys look at my friends 250 and ask "is that a quadzilla?"(I haven't brought mine out to the track yet)
quad racers have power valves??????.. if herd that but have yet to see proof.. my buddys lt250r is harldy faster than my old none power stock bore blaster.

The 85&86 quadracers did not have the powervalve, all the zillas and newer quadracers had them though.