New to the forum and to blaster

Money pit

Bought it, built it, almost blew it up!
Nov 8, 2013
Reisterstown MD
Wifesblaster talked me into getting a blaster. Bought one a week ago for $300 think its a 2000 was told it was all stock. Not in the best of shape but knew it was going to be a project/rebuild but was sure that all it needed was a carb cleaning new gas and plug and we'd be up and running. Upon further inspection found out it had a broken reed. No big deal $50 for Boyseen Pro Carbon fiber Reeds. While waiting for the reeds went ahead and ripped the pipe off and found out this stock blaster had a Paul Turner pipe and a Fat Boy silenceron it(score)! tried cleaning the pipe up but it was beyond repair so just had to paint it black(going for a black and red theme. So it was obvious this bike is not stock we went on investigating more and tore off the cylinder and found a new crank with good rod bearing. Crosshatch on cylinder looked good with no scoring. Piston had a slight amount of carbon, but looks fairly new. We are doing a clean up port job on the cylinder and the head is at KOR getting rechambered. Here are some pics.

When I got it.....

Getting it to spark......

How it sits now....

Reactions: blasterdemon7
That thing is the biggest POS I've ever seen. JK. Motor is in great shape and should run really well when put back together. I'm curious to see what this Paul Turner pipe will do. Can't beat the deal we got. I gave the dude a set of 300 dollar wheels.

Welcome, boy you guys have got it by the short and curlies over there, Blasters and bits over in Oz are as scarce as rocking horse crap, and very expensive.

We got it fired up yesterday, but it has blown crank seals. Usually I wouldn't start a bike without leak testing, but gb blaster has my tester. Curiosity got the better of us I:I All in all should have a nicely modded bike for around 1,000.

Well this bike would be going together a lot quiker, but money pit wants to rattle can every square inch of the bike! It's a tarting to look a little better though.

Allright.... So we're about 80 percent on Moneypit. Starting to take shape and I think it's really looking good! Gotta give a big shout out to Wife's blaster and Woodrow Wilson without them and this forum I'd be lost but they have def kept me going in the right direction. Enough of the babble.

We have went over this bike top to bottom. Complete tear down, fram swap, port job thanks(Woodrow), milled head by k.o.r., billet carrier, new sprockets and chain, uni airfilter, deleted tors and hopefully by the end of the weekend wife's blaster and myself will be able to go through the cases and replace those leaking seals and put in the new clutch. And get the heart back into this beast!

Cut and painted oem plastics matte black with red accents all over the rest of the bike caliper,hubs, shifter, breaks.... Maire hood carbon fiber look, aftermarket bumper and grab bar and last but not least some polished wheels...

If I've forgot anything I'm sure wife's will remember!

Sorry for leaving you guys in the dark and pics will be coming soon!

For now the wife ( not wife's ) calling me to bed so... Any more ideas let me know!