new here, from NC

so i've been reading, and it seems most are running 32:1...would this be good for my basic blasty??
The guy i got it from said he was running 44:1

by the way, If anybody knows where i can get a cheap or FREE helmet let me know. i don't have anything to protect what little brain i have left hahaha

Oh, And what ratio should i be mixing fuel????

32:1 and use GOOD oil, I run Klotz Super Techniplate, (love the smell). :D

You can find some really cheap helmets (and cool) on ebay, I got one you can have but it's a full face one. :)

wecome to the site man! toomeys are great pipes to have for a mid range modded blaster. i would say the best you can get before you go to a right bend type pipe. looks like it is time for a banshee axle and some aftermarker rear tires w/ a 400ex rear shock to get that thing nice and compfy to ride.

so i changed out the oil and put in type F atf.
Also pulled spark plug, the gap was like 0, so i set it to .028 according to the online manual... is that right?
Also, went to try and start it, and here's a video of what i got. when it runs it like backfires when i jump on the gas, wont stay idling just dies out. but here you can hear it backfire trying to start....
almost starts, backfires at 00:23

This is weird....
After that post i went out, and mixed the gas 40:1, closer to the previous owner's 44:1 and it started right up and ran OK with very minimal backfiring
Could it be that they way the quad is set up i need to run 40:1 or so to keep it running???

This is weird....
After that post i went out, and mixed the gas 40:1, closer to the previous owner's 44:1 and it started right up and ran OK with very minimal backfiring
Could it be that they way the quad is set up i need to run 40:1 or so to keep it running???

It could be the way the other guy had it jetted, have you looked at what size jets are in it yet? Could also be the fuel/air mixture screw.

i havent looked at it yet, i dont really want to get into taking off the carb and all that. I'm one fo those.. Might as well... guys. Like.. If i'm tearing off the carb, i might as well.... upgrade the carb, put new reeds in etc etc.... you know hahaha
but im guessing he jetted it out to go with the bored out cylinder and pipe and sh*t :)
40:1 seems to run really good, and his 44:1 ran no problems