My New Projects

May 18, 2012
Scotland
Hi guys well some of you know i bought a blaster not that long ago (another one) but due to not having a job etc at moment i can't get it upgraded or ride it as i have no transport to take it out whether it was upgraded or still stock.

i decided to buy a couple of projects with the spare cash i had saved which was original for stage 3 elkas for front and rear of quad but if i do these projects il double or maybe triple my money and be able to get a-arms as well :)

anyways i decided to buy a x2 KX 250s 1988 models.

paid £400/$600 and that includes them being delivered to me on pallet from over 250 miles away

not sure about in the us but over here the bikes are like hens teeth to find and if they are for sale there sold at stupid money.

one is complete but in bits but il build it as its not hard (bottom end is built just doesn't have piston so top end is off) other is 50% complete. im not sure whether il be building both yet or not but il be working on the complete one for now and il either sell the non complete one in parts or il build it but i don't think there is a engine for it though but even a rolling chassis will fetch a fair price over here.

il update with pictures on Tuesday as there being booked in to picked up on monday and delivered next day.

iv seen a fair few parts for them on ebay at moment and there is also a running bike on ebay for sale at £1500/$2300 so il make a nice little earner on it when its done :)

As For Work having a quick glance at it while putting it away as its pouring rain here so can't do nothing the now.

as i can see

Full Rebuild With Another Crankshaft as the one in it as seized as you can probably tell by pictures
Calipers Rebuilt
Forks Need Replaced unless my local bike shop can do anything as they have started to fall to bits at certain points worse on the gold forks others aren't too bad reason i think my shop may be able to do something with them
All plastics whole a side right side tank plastic as its broken.

basically a general restore and repairs but main things are good on it and just general stuff like linkages for swingarm,engine rebuilt etc

Someone i think has been using a 125 kickstart lever but not 100% as it looks a bit small for a 250 kickstart lever.

if anyone knows of good sites to get vintage mx bike parts let me know as im limited to ebay and 1 thing i wont be getting on there is a crankshaft as its $200 for a used one. im in the uk so sites either uk based or able to ship to me

i may try my local Kawasaki dealer rto see if they can source me a crankshaft but not sure if they can

Well guys got engine out. some bad news though turns out seller has done me as i was told its a 250cc but its actually a 125. and its not a 1988 its 1991. (last time i do a deal by bank transfer without seeing it in person.) anyhow its still a project and im a little better considering its much easier to get parts for this model. not worth as much as i thought considering its not a 1990 or older as that's the year when the vintage mx racing started for the older stuff reason the pre 1990s are worth as much over here

il update with my progress once i sell the parts i wont be using as i have no room to work and had to bring engine into house to dismantle as no space in my shed lol

As For Work having a quick glance at it while putting it away as its pouring rain here so can't do nothing the now.

as i can see

Full Rebuild With Another Crankshaft as the one in it as seized as you can probably tell by pictures
Calipers Rebuilt
Forks Need Replaced unless my local bike shop can do anything as they have started to fall to bits at certain points worse on the gold forks others aren't too bad reason i think my shop may be able to do something with them
All plastics whole a side right side tank plastic as its broken.

basically a general restore and repairs but main things are good on it and just general stuff like linkages for swingarm,engine rebuilt etc

Someone i think has been using a 125 kickstart lever but not 100% as it looks a bit small for a 250 kickstart lever.

if anyone knows of good sites to get vintage mx bike parts let me know as im limited to ebay and 1 thing i wont be getting on there is a crankshaft as its $200 for a used one. im in the uk so sites either uk based or able to ship to me

i may try my local Kawasaki dealer rto see if they can source me a crankshaft but not sure if they can
s.gif

Eddy-Twinshock.eu
He's on e-bay check it out.
Nice projects!
Why do you need a new crankshaft? Why not having it rebuild?

Last edited:
s.gif

Eddy-Twinshock.eu
He's on e-bay check it out.
Nice projects!
Why do you need a new crankshaft? Why not having it rebuild?
cheers mate il check him out and crankshaft is rusty mate and don't think it's use able I'm going to split cases to check for sure though

Those are 1990+ (my guess would be either '90 or '91) , because the tank goes into the frame instead of around it, and the upside-down forks,
Nice project!
cheers it's a 1991 had a seller on eBay check it out lol just going to be hard finding parts I can get all engine stuff but crank is going to be bother also finding a barrel and and a cylinder head and a carb as in missing them as the top end I have is off a 250 lol

I had a 1990 kx250 and it was very hard finding parts for it. I believe 90-91 are 100% compatible. 88-91 are mostly compatible.