Neat way to lock up your bike

I recon its a great idea, saves carring around a great lump of chain.

It will slow down the nuisance thieves, you may get a wrecked disk/caliper, but you may still have the bike in the end.

If a theives really want it, nothing and I mean nothing is going to stop them taking it.

GREAT IDEA, ive never even though of that before. and i see a lot of others saying you can pick it up and throw it into a truck (true) but as they say "Locks are for honest people" and theif would probably take it regardless. just make it a little more difficult. .

Wouldn't work on my blaster, cant find a lock big enough to not shear off under all that fmf power. I like to carry my stick welder with me. When i park it for the night, i weld the disc to the caliper, and the axle to the swinger. Seems to work for me.

wouldn't work on my blaster, cant find a lock big enough to not shear off under all that fmf power. I like to carry my stick welder with me. When i park it for the night, i weld the disc to the caliper, and the axle to the swinger. Seems to work for me.

8-|

I have this crazy chain/cable lock I made awhile back , I took coated chain , and basket weaved coated steel cable through it and when I have to leave my bike at camp when we go into town I run it through the frame , a arms , swing arm and the rear wheels and lock it to my truck or my buddy's truck if we take mine .
And I use a lock that will take a .357 to open .
Thieves suck and I hope they lose important stuff to them , they deserve no mercy .

I have this crazy chain/cable lock I made awhile back , I took coated chain , and basket weaved coated steel cable through it and when I have to leave my bike at camp when we go into town I run it through the frame , a arms , swing arm and the rear wheels and lock it to my truck or my buddy's truck if we take mine .
And I use a lock that will take a .357 to open .
Thieves suck and I hope they lose important stuff to them , they deserve no mercy .

Couldn't agree more! Kill them all!

Good idea...if there was a ton of 4 wheelers at a stop and they pick yours but then they see its locked up then they will just go to the next one if theres any holdup at all...smart thinking

If you use a chain, wire, etc lock, always be sure to loop it through your frame. I try to find a solid object and put the wire lock around that and my frame (not the bumper or something easily removable). Or chain 2 bikes together because that makes it hard to manuever. But that disk lock is smart!

Not a bad way to keep honest people honest....but if a thief wants it, he'll get it.

I had a friends bike for sale in my front yard (was leaving it out overnight, I live in a rural area, no big deal) and it was chained to a tree with 3/8 chain and a good master lock. Well, it's gone, and so is the lock and chain. Not sure how as it was close to my house and didn't hear anything but assuming someone had portable sawzall or something. Was looped through the frame and everything, wrapped around a 20" diameter tree.

Now everything stays inside locked in basement (other than lawnmower and snowblower, who wants to steal a 25 year old lawn mower or 12 year old snowblower??) and I've put up 'no trespassing, firearms in use" signs. Next trespasser with get a taste of a 50 cal sabot to the chest.

Good tip for the people, dude. I too use a lock....though a little bigger :)

Bigger lock works on the sprocket side.....though I don't know where you'd get a lock this big. I got this one from my Pop.

2lj5em1.jpg

we keep ours chained up around the axle and the support beam in the shed unless u got bolt cutters youd have to take the shed to, but im sure we would hear that and thats where a gun comes in to play lol

eh, i don't lock mine up like that, but it is in the garage behind 3 different locks and keys. if i was going to try the lock method on the disc or sprocket i'd just opt for a bicycle chain wrapped around everything back there.

if i was on the trails and had to make a run or something you can be sure i'll be the first to volunteer to stay behind as a lookout.