Neat way to lock up your bike

Quadrider10

Dec 18, 2011
New Jersey
www.youtube.com
since most of us eaither race or trail ride, sometimes we have to walk away from our bikes, and everyone knows that just taking the key out is not enough. anyone can still steel it evan with the key out. all they have to do is unplug the wires. i know this is probs out there already, but what u do is get a decient size lock, and lock up your rear brake rotor. i put mine through the cross holes, but this will work on pretty much any bike or rotor. even stock! and the bike cant move, if the person can get it started, the engine wont have nearly enough power, or the clutch will make it stall before the lock brakes or such. and all this does is jam up the rear axel from moving.

sqjwgx.jpg

10p7oub.jpg

330gt3m.jpg

Hope some of u find this useful! I:I

Basically it's a cheap disc lock.. You can get the proper thing from ebay lol until you get the problem where like my blaster has no wholes in the rear disc :/

its all fine till someone tries to steal it, rams the lock into the caliper many times destroying the disk and caliper, then picks up the rear end, throws it in a truck and is gone anyways.......

better than steeling the whole bike! and a few $$$ in parts is better than a few 100$$$s in a new bike. and u cant get the bike running with the wheels not moving. the engine will stall because if the clutch.

Yea, my banshee is so light weight it dont take much for 2 guys to tote it off with all the billet alluminum parts on it. That will help some though. I can pick the front or the rear up myself with no problem. I will probablly use a disc lock when i go rideing because i plan on haveing 2 quads to ride next time. Cant stop a crazy crook though but you can slow him down.

Ya my gsxr 1000 got stolen with the rear rotor lock while parked at a mall, vigor surveillance showed a group of guys throw it into a white full size van. (couldn't see the plate numbers though & never got it back) this was over 2 years ago!

Cool tip, never even crossed my mind to do that. That would be super easy to do while out riding, you stop and pull out a lock and click , secured in seconds. Nothing is going to stop someone if they really want it but it would be enough to stop the average opportunistic theif.

Looks good to me, I think I will use this system :)

Honestly locks keep honest people honest. If they want it bad enough, they'll get it.

guys if you welded your blaster to the ground then the thieves might show up with a chop saw. don't be so anal about this suggestion, if you're leaving the bike for a few minutes I think its perfect. beats carrying a chain around too like I would and just loop it through the frame and to something solid.