My '03 Project - REBOOT!

Re: My '03 Project

This build is looking great, man! Yeah, put a want ad out and you never know! I can't wait to see this one done and running; thats gonna be one nice engine build...

100_0975.jpg

100_0979.jpg

100_0978.jpg

got a little more done today. ran the comp test and managed 140psi. i assume it will go up once it is broken in. i need some longer bolts for the reed cage, spacer, and the boot so that's why i stopped for now.

that was steal at 400 !!! and on the american star arms u need to turn the inner heim joints out 7- 8 turns on the upper arms, so u can screw the outer ones in. because if u run the outers screwed that far out, the first jump u hit will break the heim in half

that was steal at 400 !!! and on the american star arms u need to turn the inner heim joints out 7- 8 turns on the upper arms, so u can screw the outer ones in. because if u run the outers screwed that far out, the first jump u hit will break the heim in half

thanks. i gotta readjust these arms again. i wasn't planning to ride it like this. i got some more asr lowers to help with the fine tuning. iirc they are about 3/8" shorter than the ones on it.

got some longer bolts for the reed cage today. mounted the reeds, spacer and the boot. mocked up the airstryker too.

100_0981.jpg

now i have to cut this old mount as it's too close to the carb.

blastercarb.jpg

if you're thinking "i hope he leak tests it first" don't worry. i'm not gonna do that til i find an expansion plug tomorrow. can anyone point me to the thread that shows the correct way to perform the test? i know how to, but i'm going to double check.

your build looks great so far man...keep up the good work

looks awesome. ken told me to check out your build log for the porting pics so i can know what to expect when i get mine back. i want to see more of the s10 though. i had a 98 dropped, smooth rollpan, clear headlights/corners, toxic drop shocks, a bunch of motor bolt ons... regret getting rid of it

fckn sexy blkblzr. is it a 96? and how much dropped is it? mine was 3/4 with toxic drop shocks up front and pulled a leaf in the rear. didnt sit that low though

it's a 95 with the 97 blazer headlight coversion. i pulled a couple leafs out back and added 3" blocks for about 4.5" total. 2" spindles on front w/ 3" springs. it's too low in the front because they sent the wrong springs, i wanted 2". it's way lower than my blazer is.

so, i made some more progress today. really just mocked these parts up before i do a leakdown on it.

100_0984.jpg

i think i'm gonna have to go with a different airtube/carb coupler too. don't think this one is going to cut the mustard.
100_0985.jpg

100_0986.jpg

now, you guys can give me some suggestions. i didn't get any mounts with this airbox. how can i mount this side? i was thinking maybe a metal strap wrapped around the down tube w/ a bolt through it.

100_0987.jpg

oh yeah, look at what the brown truck dropped off today.

100_0988.jpg

100_0989.jpg

100_0990.jpg

a full set of dunlop kt390 series tires. 21x7x10 fronts and 20x10x9 rears. f**cking badass for dunlops imo. my gold warrior wheels will be fitted with these. got them from RMATV for mad cheap too. check 'em out while their still in stock.

Last edited:

i bet you guys think i'm a real picture whore too. lmao

I suggest you buy an airbox with the mounts,,lmao!!!! I am sure you will figure it out like i did..Have you fired the motor yet???? I would mount it to the left down tube or that bracket on the left tube and drill another hole in that cfm near where the one i drilled was. That carb is close to that shift arm aint it?? lol

I suggest you buy an airbox with the mounts,,lmao!!!! I am sure you will figure it out like i did..Have you fired the motor yet???? I would mount it to the left down tube or that bracket on the left tube and drill another hole in that cfm near where the one i drilled was. That carb is close to that shift arm aint it?? lol

hardy har har. lol

i have not fired the motor yet. gonna order the exhaust tomorrow. my time table for getting it started is sometime next week. i used the old oil tank bracket for one bolt to mount it. it's only mocked up though. gonna figure out another bracket. the arm isn't as close as i thought it was gonna be, but i may need to adjust the clutch again to find out exactly where everything stands.

ordered a trinity exhaust earlier. should be here next week sometime. updates to come...

Nice progress so far! I agree; as long as you're not gonna be swamping out the airbox, I'd just drill another hole in it and maybe plug the one that's open right now in the pics.

Rather than drill into your frame to mount the 'box, maybe even put two holes in the airbox and use a U bolt at a 45 degree angle to secure it to your frame. This way there is no damage done to the frame and you can easily remove the airbox if needed.