Votes: 109 35.4%
  • quadzilla

Votes: 79 25.6%
  • honda 250r

Votes: 65 21.1%
  • ktm 505sx

Votes: 13 4.2%

• Total voters
i knew someone that had a modded 400, it was just the 4x2. had exhaust, shocks, and some engine work. it wasn't fast. still way to heavy and slow.
i would have rather ridden my dads stock 500 4x4. it has great torque and a very smooth ride.

That's what i mean, It had a lot of torque. It being a 4x4 meant that a lot of its raw power had to go to torque, not speed, for the 4x4 ability to be effective, and it was. I don't care much for its speed, I have other machines if I want to go fast. Its weight gave me a lot of traction, too.

ya, but isn't close to being the most bad ass quad of all time, like, it doesn't even rank in the top 20

2hcnm6r.jpg

dude seriously, lol? the kfx450r is like the worst 450 made right now, honda is down there too but most everything i have read so far makes kawi sound bad! unless there full out race built they suck
hell honda didnt even make a 2010 450r and they were still better but yamaha and suzuki were the best, and kawi has its own class IMO

the only thing that sets them apart from the rest of the 450s is they have reverse, lol

but i read all my stuff from atvriders.com

dude seriously, lol? the kfx450r is like the worst 450 made right now, honda is down there too but most everything i have read so far makes kawi sound bad! unless there full out race built they suck
hell honda didnt even make a 2010 450r and they were still better but yamaha and suzuki were the best, and kawi has its own class IMO

the only thing that sets them apart from the rest of the 450s is they have reverse, lol

but i read all my stuff from atvriders.com

your info must be slanted dude. considering it barrows the same exact motor from the kx450f mx bike which is the class leader in the mx world, it has an all aluminum frame and progressively wound springs on the shocks and longer travel that the yfz...dirt wheels liked it, and out of all the 450s ive rode it feels right to me. the honda has a steel frame springs are not progressively wound at all and very front end light, and the unicam system from the begining has had valve problems since day one. i had a crf450 so im not just blowing smoke on that. but im not here bursting ur bubble like you did mine since this thread is all about personal opinion dude. so chillax. explain why heterick racing completely dominated this year? which in the production classes little alterations is accepted, so essentially its evenly matched up with hondas

im am chill, and i tried to word that so it didnt seem like a personal attack i was just saying, but also dirtwheels did like it

but they also said the raptor 250 was a better all around quad then a blaster, lol and everone on her went crazy because the only place a raptor 250 beats a blaster is in suspention

and i wasnt saying JUST honda beat kawi, i know hondas suck, still using steel frames and crappy shocks

i sat on a kawi at the dealer and it was like sitting on a jet ski to me, lol

and the from what i have read again on atvriders.com the "supposidly" 2011 honda 450r is gonna kick ass and maybe even set the bar for the rest of the 450 line up, but who knows until they reveal it, but to each there own on the whole kawi subject

but we all know

TRX250r= BEST QAUD OF ALL TIME!!!! lol

yea thats what i was trying to say, in stock for 450 vs 450 vs 450 vs 450, the kawis sucked, and the hondas arent very good either

i voted 250r to begin with. ive never left a machine stock so my views on alot of things can be biased i guess, in reality its all about the best rider not the machine. i bet tim farr could beat us all on a stock 250ex lol

Hahaha yeah no doubt in my mind that the 250r takes the cake. I've seen 250r's butcher 450's. A guy at the track up here has a 250r frame with a CR500 motor in it and it sounds so mean. Two strokes for life!!!

i voted 250r to begin with. ive never left a machine stock so my views on alot of things can be biased i guess, in reality its all about the best rider not the machine. i bet tim farr could beat us all on a stock 250ex lol

yep thats what i have always said, rider over machine

wow i'm actually surprised at how calm this thread has been. i was expecting a good show. damn.....

on topic, the 250r was a badass quad. it still is. but i feel like there is a reason why all the top garages are running raced out 450's instead of 250r's now.

I like the KTMs they are the only true race ready quad which you can buy and then go and race it without any mods, and still be competitive up till the B class, yes the yfz450r is also nice but it doesn't come with nerfs or a kill teather. The KTMs are very expensive but when you total up buying one of the other 450s and adding the cost of building one to be as good as a stock KTM it does make them more reasonably priced, they do get a lot of people saying errr KTMs require more maintenece than the other 450s but then to get another 450 to put out the same amount of power as a KTM they do require some work which means when you look at the KTMs engine and a built 450 they don't require more maintenece infact probably less.

It will be interesting to see what Honda come up with, if anything. Does make you think though the Honda's which are so outdated are still able to compete with the other 450s when they are all fully built, so if Honda does come out with a full race 450 it could be amazing. Saying that Honda do seem to be more concervative that the other manufactures and i'm not holding my breath for them to release an amzing 450 this year, and even if they do i don't think i will be buying one mainly because i wouldn't buy a quad in its first year of production as they often have little faults that get ironed out in the next years versions. I also don't like what Honda did to all their riders both factory and not, to just drop them like that was stupid, and has slightly put me off Honda as a company even if i do own one lol.

But saying that i could be sticking with red next year if Honda does release this new 450 or i may be switching to team orange we shall just have to wait and see, there are a lot of factors which have to play out this year before i go out and buy a new quad next year but fingers crossed.

yea i hope honda steps it up with the 450r.im a big honda fan but imo its probley the worst stock 450 right now. i havent got to try out the ktm or suzuki yet. so far the closest drag race ive had on my yfz was with the kfx450 i only beat it by 2 fourwheeler lengths but it had new tires and mine suck right now lol

yea i hope honda steps it up with the 450r.im a big honda fan but imo its probley the worst stock 450 right now.
X2 I love honda. Out of all the bikes I've owned hondas are the overall best.
It disappoints me that they haven't had an overhual to their quads in a long time, thats mostly due to the economy.... hondas smart... if it wont make them money they wont make it.

With that said I do love kawi's handling, they always feel on the rails... Can't speak much for their quads though.... other then my old mojave lol but thats not fair.

Gotta love the katoomer's too!! I just don't like how stiff they feel.

quadzilla before a 250r? im surprised since the 250r has been the most popular race quad for over 20years and has been known as the do it all quad... i find it strange yeah i know the zilla kicks ass but still