May 2012 BOTM Voting

Blaster of The Month (May 2012) is....

• [url="http://www.blasterforum.com/entries-botm-108/may-2012-blaster-month-entries-47927/#post602704"

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • [url="http://www.blasterforum.com/entries-botm-108/may-2012-blaster-month-entries-47927/#post603206"

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • [url="http://www.blasterforum.com/entries-botm-108/may-2012-blaster-month-entries-47927/#post603601"

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • [url="http://www.blasterforum.com/entries-botm-108/may-2012-blaster-month-entries-47927/#post603666"

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • [url="http://www.blasterforum.com/entries-botm-108/may-2012-blaster-month-entries-47927/#post605157"

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
if a certain few entered every month, even after winning, and it was completey based on most mods/$$$ spent. instead of who's build is current and popular right now,
there would be no reason for anyone else to enter, as the same person could win every month, based on the spec sheet only.
but that isn't always the case, i've seen david slay goliath a few times

personally, i'd like to see a waiting period implemented for past winners,
i'm sure there are peeps who refrain from entering based on who's already entered ahead of them that month ?
maybe make the entrants anonymous until voting starts, bet we'd have more entries ???

i think the anonymous thing would be a great idea! send pics and info to a moderator and when the time comes to vote, theyre posted. kinda sparks interest when no one knows whos gonna be the competition. maybe ask a mod and see if maybe we could set up a poll for who would like to have the BOTM entries secret or keep them the way they are...

Last edited:
Another BOTM thread.... well I Read what guys have done, and I take there online personality to account for my vote also. I don't care if you have elkas or stockers, extended or not. If you wrench on your ride and ride the piss out of it, you owe it to yourself to enter BOTM! Not everyone can spend 3-4 grand on a build, that's ok!

I think along with pretty pics there should also be action pics/vid, for BOTM required.

I think along with pretty pics there should also be action pics/vid, for BOTM required.

I:I The time has come for video!

Random ideas not aimed at anyone in particular ... just the survival of the contest.:

* Blaster must be in running / stopping condition and in your possession at time of entry.
* Items listed in the spec's must be on the bike & functional ... not just in your garage or on your wish list
* 5 pics ( 1 side shot ) & 1 video under 30 sec showing the bike starting and stopping ... most everyone has a cell that can take a short walk around/action vid.
* Entries are PM'd to a mod, then posted at the end of the entry period.
* Entrants don't post in the vote thread, start or bump their build thread, and just basically refrain from campaigning and drawing attention to themselves & their entry. Ya, ya ... y'all know what I mean.
* Winners must wait 6 months to re-enter same bike and preferably make significant changes.

I'm sure there's better ideas out there but I think some changes are due ... burp

Judging by the voting, it seems most members don't bother to read the specs. It seems like looks over performance is preferred by most.
Requirements To Participate
Forum membership status of at least: 30 days*
Have a minimum post count of: 15 posts*
You may not enter the current contest if you have won the previous BOTM.
*Does not apply to Supporting Members.

Rules and Guidelines
You must post a minimum of 1 picture of you blaster and a maximum of up to 4 pictures.
At least one of your pictures has to be taken from the side view.
Your pictures should not have any part of the ATV cut out.
You must fill out a modifications form and submit it along with your Blaster pictures.
You must unclick the "Show your signature" option in the Miscellaneous Options before you submit your post.
You may not post or comment anything in this section other then your entry submission.

i guess ALOT of people have a hard time READING...

im guilty of not unchecking the sig thing, wherever the hell That is...
but i dont understand why all the hate? is it cause i Didnt build a decent Blaster? did i do such a sh*t job that i dont deserve Any credit for the 5 months and countless hours, not to mention Money i put into it? or is it because i didnt put ENOUGH MONEY into it, "who gives a sh*t about effort homie, its all about the $$$$$" Not a cool lesson to be teaching the younger/new riders who ARE what this sport is ALL ABOUT! maybe somethings are more important to me like PUTTING FOOD ON THE TABLE FOR MY FAMILY! That takes WAY MORE priority than a set of Works Shocks, or a High Dollar Exhaust!!! Im a weekend rider at best, what the Fu*k am i gonna spend That kinda loot on that sh*t for? so i can look the Coolest??? because im a pro MX racer??? wtf, im NOT! im just a guy who likes to tinker and ride on the weekends, THATS ALL I AM!!!
"others feel the same way" =More Hate! do you now how many of these guys have asked me how id did this, or how to do that??? if something ive done inspires someone to do something different, AWESOME!!! i HOPE i see more Blasters up here with Cut fenders, Stock shocks and Extended swingers on the cheap! F U!
Fact is, most of these younger guys on here dont have 2 nickles to rub together BUT, they TRY with ALL THEY HAVE to make the Best of it! And these guys are out there RACING and RIDING every chance they get!!! Can YOU say that? do You get home from a long days work and skip supper or neglect your family to go out and Ride? or work on your Blaster, to put the Latest and Greatest parts on it??? if you do, maybe you should be asking yourself where YOUR priorities are???
I voted for quadrider, you know why? because hes TRYING!!! he Loves the sport and Loves the Blaster! (granted ,he complains a bunch about front shocks, lol) but hes out there every chance he gets racing, trying to earn $ to race and to him, that BOTM Sticker means more to him than it would EVER mean to ANYONE ELSE!!!
i tried to opt out of this contest because i dont like where the focus has gone, its become a carpet rolling temper tantrum and i want no part! im done, ill never enter another f*in thing here!
so, keep posting your sh*t each month, enjoy your status as WOTM!!!!!

after reading this, dont vote for me, vote for the guy with the Most Effort and Most Heart and determination!!!

Fin.

got something to say? pm. im not trashing this thead anymore.
mods; same goes for you, if im outta line, dont trash my post, pm.

Last edited:
Requirements To Participate
Forum membership status of at least: 30 days*
Have a minimum post count of: 15 posts*
You may not enter the current contest if you have won the previous BOTM.
*Does not apply to Supporting Members.

Rules and Guidelines
You must post a minimum of 1 picture of you blaster and a maximum of up to 4 pictures.
At least one of your pictures has to be taken from the side view.
Your pictures should not have any part of the ATV cut out.
You must fill out a modifications form and submit it along with your Blaster pictures.
You must unclick the "Show your signature" option in the Miscellaneous Options before you submit your post.
You may not post or comment anything in this section other then your entry submission.

i guess ALOT of people have a hard time READING...

im guilty of not unchecking the sig thing, wherever the hell That is...
but i dont understand why all the hate? is it cause i Didnt build a decent Blaster? did i do such a sh*t job that i dont deserve Any credit for the 5 months and countless hours, not to mention Money i put into it? or is it because i didnt put ENOUGH MONEY into it, "who gives a sh*t about effort homie, its all about the $$$$$" Not a cool lesson to be teaching the younger/new riders who ARE what this sport is ALL ABOUT! maybe somethings are more important to me like PUTTING FOOD ON THE TABLE FOR MY FAMILY! That takes WAY MORE priority than a set of Works Shocks, or a High Dollar Exhaust!!! Im a weekend rider at best, what the Fu*k am i gonna spend That kinda loot on that sh*t for? so i can look the Coolest??? because im a pro MX racer??? wtf, im NOT! im just a guy who likes to tinker and ride on the weekends, THATS ALL I AM!!!
"others feel the same way" =More Hate! do you now how many of these guys have asked me how id did this, or how to do that??? if something ive done inspires someone to do something different, AWESOME!!! i HOPE i see more Blasters up here with Cut fenders, Stock shocks and Extended swingers on the cheap! F U!
Fact is, most of these younger guys on here dont have 2 nickles to rub together BUT, they TRY with ALL THEY HAVE to make the Best of it! And these guys are out there RACING and RIDING every chance they get!!! Can YOU say that? do You get home from a long days work and skip supper or neglect your family to go out and Ride? or work on your Blaster, to put the Latest and Greatest parts on it??? if you do, maybe you should be asking yourself where YOUR priorities are???
I voted for quadrider, you know why? because hes TRYING!!! he Loves the sport and Loves the Blaster! (granted ,he complains a bunch about front shocks, lol) but hes out there every chance he gets racing, trying to earn $ to race and to him, that BOTM Sticker means more to him than it would EVER mean to ANYONE ELSE!!!
i tried to opt out of this contest because i dont like where the focus has gone, its become a carpet rolling temper tantrum and i want no part! im done, ill never enter another f*in thing here!
so, keep posting your sh*t each month, enjoy your status as WOTM!!!!!

after reading this, dont vote for me, vote for the guy with the Most Effort and Most Heart and determination!!!

Fin.

I think you got it all wrong. My post did NOT single anyone out or imply WHO should be getting the votes. YOU took the post that way. My statement was made from watching BOTM for months years. Your right. It's not about having the top parts but about the work that was put into it. Sorry if you felt like this was an attack on your Blaster but it wasn't. I think it's one sweet looking Blaster.

THANKS!!!! I love this sport A LOT, and i do try may hardest at it everytime im out there on the track, and try to ride and race every optunity it get. i spend countless hours in my garage just tweeking things, and going over EVERY nut and bolt on my bike 3-4 WEEKS prior to my race just trying to squeeze maybe 1 rpm or 1lb less weight, and more of preformance out of it and making sure that it will last me the weekend. i spend countless time on the internet looking up race and practice events, and on youtube 24/7 looking up MX videos and seeing how other people ride, and trying to learn from what they are doing and from what im not.

rite now, i have $10 to my name, and as much as i want shocks (which i know i complain about WAY to often.... lol :p ) id rather put that money towards a race, because skipping one just to buy shocks sounds kinda stupid to me. id rather be out there having fun and riding and being with friends then spending money on shocks and taking 5 mins to put them on and then stareing at them for 10. my mom has told me that she would buy me the shocks on ebay, but if i did, then our phones and internet would be shut off. to me, no matter how much money or how little money you have, prorities and family always come first. id rather spend that $10 on a gift for a gift for my family then on a race. people tell me everytinme i go to a track that if i had fox floats or elka or the bla bla suspension, that i would probably be in first from the start. yea having those things wouuld be nice, but its not like they would hand them to me, and even if they did, im not in this to have the "best" or "nicest" blaster. im in this to go hard at it, have a really fun time doing it, and to chase a dream of mine that i had since i was 6, that i thought was NEVER possible.

last BOTM i asked if we were allowed to vote even though we were in the competation. most of u thought that i probably voted for my self, but i auctally dident. i voted for the guy who had 0 votes. not because i felt bad or anything, but because he was proud of what he had.

also, its not just me. other young-lings, like 96MxBlaster, and yamaha28 both had a lot of hard times chasing a dream that they had for the sport. everytime i tried to get yamaha to come practice or race with me, his bike kept breaking down, and was unable to make any of the practices or races. but everytime he wanted to part out his blaster, he thought about how sweet it would be just being out there a riding with the pro's and thats what drove him on. also he did NOT use 1 cent of his parents money, instead he worked his @$$ off all summer just to make enough money to make it possible, and in the end it turned out that the problems took the best of him. but he too gave it his all, and spent countless hours just trying to get the thing to run let alone new parts. Same goes with 96mx. he did NOT spend a cent of his parents money, and yet he still makes things happen all because of him and him only. i give major props to both those people!! GOOD JOB GUYS, and keep doing what you are doing, and edventually an opturnity will come for both of ya!

To me, that is what this sport is all about. just trying hard at something and edventually succeding. wether that takes a few days or a few years, just being out there and having fun is all that matters. every practice i go to, i think about all the kids in the stands with there little jerseys on saying " i wish i could do this" and i know exactly how they fell, and i wish i could hand them my quad, and say go, cause thats what ive always wanted. just a chance to do somehting i wanted to always do.

so with that said, im sorry if this sounded a little girly or sissy-ish. im not writing this to get anyones votes. im not even expecting to win anytime soon. im also not writing this to knock any one or make fun of them or anything negitive. i am simpaly writing this to get my point across. so thank you to everyone who has voted for me, and also everyone who has helped me in the past to get my bike running. if it werent for you guys, this dream of mine that ive ben chaseing for 10 years would have never of happened the way things were going in my life. it was only just a fantasy that i watched on TV.

Last edited:
THANKS!!!! I love this sport A LOT, and i do try may hardest at it everytime im out there on the track, and try to ride and race every optunity it get. i spend countless hours in my garage just tweeking things, and going over EVERY nut and bolt on my bike 3-4 WEEKS prior to my race just trying to squeeze maybe 1 rpm or 1lb less weight, and more of preformance out of it and making sure that it will last me the weekend. i spend countless time on the internet looking up race and practice events, and on youtube 24/7 looking up MX videos and seeing how other people ride, and trying to learn from what they are doing and from what im not.

rite now, i have $10 to my name, and as much as i want shocks (which i know i complain about WAY to often.... lol :p ) id rather put that money towards a race, because skipping one just to buy shocks sounds kinda stupid to me. id rather be out there having fun and riding and being with friends then spending money on shocks and taking 5 mins to put them on and then stareing at them for 10. my mom has told me that she would buy me the shocks on ebay, but if i did, then our phones and internet would be shut off. to me, no matter how much money or how little money you have, prorities and family always come first. id rather spend that $10 on a gift for a gift for my family then on a race. people tell me everytinme i go to a track that if i had fox floats or elka or the bla bla suspension, that i would probably be in first from the start. yea having those things wouuld be nice, but its not like they would hand them to me, and even if they did, im not in this to have the "best" or "nicest" blaster. im in this to go hard at it, have a really fun time doing it, and to chase a dream of mine that i had since i was 6, that i thought was NEVER possible.

last BOTM i asked if we were allowed to vote even though we were in the competation. most of u thought that i probably voted for my self, but i auctally dident. i voted for the guy who had 0 votes. not because i felt bad or anything, but because he was proud of what he had.

also, its not just me. other young-lings, like 96MxBlaster, and yamaha28 both had a lot of hard times chasing a dream that they had for the sport. everytime i tried to get yamaha to come practice or race with me, his bike kept breaking down, and was unable to make any of the practices or races. but everytime he wanted to part out his blaster, he thought about how sweet it would be just being out there a riding with the pro's and thats what drove him on. also he did NOT use 1 cent of his parents money, instead he worked his @$$ off all summer just to make enough money to make it possible, and in the end it turned out that the problems took the best of him. but he too gave it his all, and spent countless hours just trying to get the thing to run let alone new parts. Same goes with 96mx. he did NOT spend a cent of his parents money, and yet he still makes things happen all because of him and him only. i give major props to both those people!! GOOD JOB GUYS, and keep doing what you are doing, and edventually an opturnity will come for both of ya!

To me, that is what this sport is all about. just trying hard at something and edventually succeding. wether that takes a few days or a few years, just being out there and having fun is all that matters. every practice i go to, i think about all the kids in the stands with there little jerseys on saying " i wish i could do this" and i know exactly how they fell, and i wish i could hand them my quad, and say go, cause thats what ive always wanted. just a chance to do somehting i wanted to always do.

so with that said, im sorry if this sounded a little girly or sissy-ish. im not writing this to get anyones votes. im not even expecting to win anytime soon. im also not writing this to knock any one or make fun of them or anything negitive. i am simpaly writing this to get my point across. so thank you to everyone who has voted for me, and also everyone who has helped me in the past to get my bike running. if it werent for you guys, this dream of mine that ive ben chaseing for 10 years would have never of happened the way things were going in my life. it was only just a fantasy that i watched on TV.

Myself and I know many others are proud of you for what your doing. I don't know why all the BS started oven an opservation . I never said it was right or wrong. I'm all for the young ones working on building a Blaster and keeping out of trouble.

Myself and I know many others are proud of you for what your doing. I don't know why all the BS started oven an opservation . I never said it was right or wrong. I'm all for the young ones working on building a Blaster and keeping out of trouble.

i was trying to stay out of it! but someone haaaad to drag me in.... lol

and thats what i tell the police everytime they say something to me "would you rather me out in the woods doing pot or crack..... dident think so" lol works everytime!

Yes I would like to give Quadrider10 major props. I watched all of your racing videos and like I said in the comments, you were riding just as hard as all the other people on their race 450's, and your still on a stock suspensions setup (minus the 400ex rear shock) and a stock stroke, unported motor. You were tearing that thing up hard, and you were very close to all of the other people on their 4 strokes. Keep up the hard work man, and you'll get those shocks you want for sure. It just takes time, a little bit of patience, and hard work! I might go ride with you one day once I finish the build, and you can show me how to clear the 6 foot jumps you were clearing!!!!! I might be a little rusty! :p I:I

Yes I would like to give Quadrider10 major props. I watched all of your racing videos and like I said in the comments, you were riding just as hard as all the other people on their race 450's, and your still on a stock suspensions setup (minus the 400ex rear shock) and a stock stroke, unported motor. You were tearing that thing up hard, and you were very close to all of the other people on their 4 strokes. Keep up the hard work man, and you'll get those shocks you want for sure. It just takes time, a little bit of patience, and hard work! I might go ride with you one day once I finish the build, and you can show me how to clear the 6 foot jumps you were clearing!!!!! I might be a little rusty! :p I:I

with pleasure!!!!! lol thanks man! and i have a .30 ov er stock bore. but i dident do that. previous owner did.
i would love to have a fellow blaster owner ride with me! maybe then i wouldent be the only 2 stroke out of all the quads!!!!!! lol

ALL YOU GUYS, Every one of you that keeps this whole building, racing, trail riding Lifestyle alive deserves PROPS!!!!!!!!! i've seen everyone's build posts, the time and effort you put in is Awesome!!! KEEP IT UP!!! and whether its .50 cents of 500 dollars you spend, or the countless hours you spend fabbing or painting or cutting, ALL OF YOU GUYS are doing a GREAT JOB!!!

ALL YOU GUYS, Every one of you that keeps this whole building, racing, trail riding Lifestyle alive deserves PROPS!!!!!!!!! i've seen everyone's build posts, the time and effort you put in is Awesome!!! KEEP IT UP!!! and whether its .50 cents of 500 dollars you spend, or the countless hours you spend fabbing or painting or cutting, ALL OF YOU GUYS are doing a GREAT JOB!!!

Why thank you sir. :D. Don't forget the props to the members that make the customs parts, give very helpful advice and give the good deal on parts. They all have a hand in most the builds on here. I know I've had huge help from many members on here in many ways.

Why thank you sir. :D. .

and Yes, You Too!!! lol

what i said in a previous post in another thread....

Thank you. There are guys on here that bury me!!! So much innovation and talent, you really can't call these things quads, they're like works of art. Each one different in its own way and built for each persons passion. All this creativity spawned so much invention, from custom a arms, swingers, complete engine swaps, I'm amazed everytime I look at what they're doing and drool. Not to mention the guys who Live the lifestyle everyday, riding/racing as hard as they can. Don't even get me started on the straight line draggers...building everything from scratch. I'm saying it nicely, I haven't done sh*t, compared to all these guys, I'm just an ole fool that misses his youth and loves to tinker. My hats off to All you younger gentlemen, and even Ladies, keep it up! Ride hard and keep doing what you do.

Last edited:
and Yes, You Too!!! lol

what i said in a previous post in another thread....

Thank you. There are guys on here that bury me!!! So much innovation and talent, you really can't call these things quads, they're like works of art. Each one different in its own way and built for each persons passion. All this creativity spawned so much invention, from custom a arms, swingers, complete engine swaps, I'm amazed everytime I look at what they're doing and drool. Not to mention the guys who Live the lifestyle everyday, riding/racing as hard as they can. Don't even get me started on the straight line draggers...building everything from scratch. I'm saying it nicely, I haven't done sh*t, compared to all these guys, I'm just an ole fool that misses his youth and loves to tinker. My hats off to All you younger gentlemen, and even Ladies, keep it up! Ride hard and keep doing what you do.

:D i was gonna talk about the people who build their own custom parts and everything, but i figured most of ya would have stopped reading after the first paragraph i wrote..... lol i give major props to them too!

=mjgnslngr;608422 So much innovation and talent, you really can't call these things quads, they're like works of art. Each one different in its own way and built for each persons passion. .

lol i say this to my gf and she laughs and rolls her eyes.\
they really are tho its awsome a site like this can bring it all togeather

'm just an ole fool that misses his youth and loves to tinker.

Same here. This is the first quad I ever built. Wanted to do it from way back but it never worked out till now. It's taken a long time to get where it's at and it will take a long time to get it where I want it. Wish I had more time to rIDE but life gets crazy busy at times. Maybe I over do it with showing off my Blaster but I have so much pride in it. I can relate to the younger members trying to build there's. Mine has taken over 3 years to get where it's at. I have a very tight budget myself and have sold off stuff just to buy parts. I've have put in a lot of hard hours hunting for good deals. The point is that my Blaster would not mean nowhere as much as it does to me if it was an easy build. There's nothing like building a Blaster on a tight budget. It's like a rolling trophy case. Each part added is an acoplament in the time to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.