Lt80 trouble shaved 30 thou off head now won't start

Gsi-mark

May 11, 2012
As above ad the head shaved to raise compression as its a good mod on these now it won't start got spark to plug but it's not firing up

I dont know much about the lt80,

I have a lt250 and lt300. 4 strokes.

Is the lt80 a 4 stroke ?

I know on one of mind, it has the compression release lever, make sure that is not released and working right.

If it is a 4 stroke, did you get the timing chain back on right and the dots lined back up right ?

Sporty

You say you have spark , Is it getting fuel ? , Did any wires Get touched ? , There's allot to factor in after you do such a mod , Did you do a leak down test before you tried to start it ? , Do you know what a leak down test is ?

Do you have compression? LT80's have tiny carbs with tiny holes that plug up easy. Be sure its getting fuel. Check the plug to see if it's wet. ... if it was running before then .030 off a stock head won't stop it from starting.

Another simple check ... the rubber boot on the cowel can lift the plug wire back off the plug ... be sure the plug wire is on the plug tight ... put petcock on prime

if it's getting fuel and spark ?......
i'd be giving the reeds a look too

Yeah spark plug is getting wet it were runnin tues took head off had it milled 30 thou off re fitted and not starting got spark plug getting wet I desperately need it running for weekend so help me out guys