Liquid cooled head

Most of the heat is generated in the head, conduction at the headgasket carries some of it into the cylinder. The head typically runs hotter than the cylinder in an aircooled engine. Some of the low powered 50cc and 80cc bikes have hardly any fins on the cylinder, but rely mainly on the head for cooling.

The water would add thermal mass, prevents sudden upswings of head temperature with short term power demand, soaking up the sudden heat and could prevent detonation in a situation where you are using a lot of power with no movement. It could be useful on a highly tuned trail bike if it was absolutely reliable. My Blaster is liquid cooled, and I realize it is another thing that can go wrong. I like the simplicity of air cooled. That said, mine is tough and reliable and has not been prone to overheating even when stuck in mud.

I thought about a fan too, and of course the battery and stator and rectifier and complex wiring needed. Yuck! So much for simplicity. So far I have not needed a fan.

$250 is cheap for the whole set up. I'd consider it. By the time you buy rad and hoses and fiddle around trying to make your own set-up, you are into $250 worth of time and money anyway. With a well designed kit you could put in half a shift of overtime to pay for it and STILL install it at the end of the 12hr workday! Design your own system and you may be days, weeks or never get the bugs out of it. This from someone who does it for a living. A lot to be said for a well engineered product.

196673_10150156145500803_549110802_8637922_667441_n.jpg

I was going to try it as well but got a BANSHEE instead.

The g/f will ride the blaster now so i doubt it gets done unless i got it for next to nothing.

I say go for it!It has to have some added benefits in cooling but because of it being far and few with the blaster owners you ownt find much info.

The domes are a definate benefit allowing you to custoum tailor your compression to your needs.

Go for it bro if youre happy with your blaster and plan to keep it id do it.

I got bored with my blaster im 6'3 235lbs and even with a 240BBK it just wasnt enough.
Ya I feel the same way, its gotta help at least a noticeable amount. (now if it's worth the cost/performance ratio is for the buyer to decide) But I think it's cool especially cause nobody really has it (but that might be for a reason lol) I really like the interchangeable domes too, seems pretty sweet to me. I'm seriously considering this mod but I need VF3's Before I do anything, so it may be a while before I shell out the money and can give you guys a review. Ya I plan on keeping my blaster forever & then one day passing it on to my son, but for some odd reason if I do sell it, the liquid cooled head could really entice a buyer into getting it just cause it's unique (not to mention all the other mods ontop of it)

Most of the heat is generated in the head, conduction at the headgasket carries some of it into the cylinder. The head typically runs hotter than the cylinder in an aircooled engine. Some of the low powered 50cc and 80cc bikes have hardly any fins on the cylinder, but rely mainly on the head for cooling.

The water would add thermal mass, prevents sudden upswings of head temperature with short term power demand, soaking up the sudden heat and could prevent detonation in a situation where you are using a lot of power with no movement. It could be useful on a highly tuned trail bike if it was absolutely reliable. My Blaster is liquid cooled, and I realize it is another thing that can go wrong. I like the simplicity of air cooled. That said, mine is tough and reliable and has not been prone to overheating even when stuck in mud.

I thought about a fan too, and of course the battery and stator and rectifier and complex wiring needed. Yuck! So much for simplicity. So far I have not needed a fan.

$250 is cheap for the whole set up. I'd consider it. By the time you buy rad and hoses and fiddle around trying to make your own set-up, you are into $250 worth of time and money anyway. With a well designed kit you could put in half a shift of overtime to pay for it and STILL install it at the end of the 12hr workday! Design your own system and you may be days, weeks or never get the bugs out of it. This from someone who does it for a living. A lot to be said for a well engineered product.

196673_10150156145500803_549110802_8637922_667441_n.jpg
Great info man, thanks for the input & I'm glad to see you have it done and your happy with the results. (all the more I want it now)

Great info man, thanks for the input & I'm glad to see you have it done and your happy with the results. (all the more I want it now)

No, I didn't actually do it. Mine is a KTM watercooled engine in a Blaster (pictured), and my son's is a DT200 watercooled cylinder and head on a Blaster, but I am all for the watercooled head, ESPECIALLY if it has interchangeable combustion domes. The right dome set the right distance from the piston has much more power potential than the VF3s.

If Flotek did your head and set it up on the engine, you probably won't gain much from that kit, but if you have a stock head, there is a lot to gain. Certainly more than the VF3s.

someone posted this vid in the chat room on two stroke central and i remembered this thread. so i guess there is at least one person with the mod

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want to know more about this head. I know the head gets the hottest. With interchangeable domes... at 18cc You're talking a good chunk more power on e85/race fuel.

If everyone chips in $10 ill do a review of 1 :-D
(not yet! building still lol)

all I know is the black blaster is friking cool as sh*t, almost as good as that dudes drag blaster from fla.