Jets dont open, throttle cable wont move

CrownCustom

Jan 18, 2014
South East Kansas
So I got a 96 blaster for a friend who guaranteed me he would pay me back, didn't happen, So now shes mine. So I just worked through all my electric issues, removed TORS and got spark, but my throttle seems to be locked up. I have a Mikuni Carb on a gx200 engine I build for another project but the block on top of the carb is throwing me off quite a bit. Even with the throttle cable hooked to my thumb throttle it has a ton of slack, so much it wont pull and when I take it out of the bracket and try to pull it by hand it wont budge. Thoughts?

The brick on top of the carb, remove it...

Follow this
http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/how-remove-your-tors-655/

Buy this
Blaster Tors Eliminator Kit w Idle Screw Kit 88 2006 | eBay

Follow this
http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/aftermarket-carburetor-cap-idle-screw-install-22174/

Do this
http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/build-use-leakdown-tester-10663/

Not trying to be bossy, but thats what should be done. Also, clean the carb while you are there.

Welcome to the forum!! I:I

Last edited by a moderator:
you can take the side plate off the tors box to see what the cable is doing in there.
it is coupled to an arm and another short cable that goes down into the carb and hooks to the slide.
then check to see if the slide is in correctly, there's a notch on the slide that has to line up with the pin in the carb throat, on the kicker side.

So I took the initiative before getting back on to check this thread. The guy before me completely Screwed this blaster up. So its stuck because the needle and the cylinder it connects to doesn't move up and down, completely locked up. So now I have a stater I didn't need, a coil I didn't need, and a carb thats jacked up.

AWK08, The slide is locked up, and the top cap is cracked. Its like the previous owner tryed to clean or adjust it and didn't set it in right and tightened it anyway. So Carb is pretty muched SOL?

ya but I won't have the cash for at least 2 weeks. Tryed to put needle nose on the ridges on the side and twist it out, no luck. Anybody know of anyone lookin to sell a carb. I also have a mikuni 34mm on a gx200, but it wouldnt work since its for a 4 stroke?

ya but I won't have the cash for at least 2 weeks. Tryed to put needle nose on the ridges on the side and twist it out, no luck. Anybody know of anyone lookin to sell a carb. I also have a mikuni 34mm on a gx200, but it wouldnt work since its for a 4 stroke?

Correct .

What about like a cr125 carb or something along thoes lines, I just want to get it up and running. I can do alot of fabrication, but carbs are kind of foreign to me.

Getting it to fit the 38mm into the boot may pose a prob and the jetting would be all over the place.

Far best to wait until you can get a correct one.

Take heed of my last quote, many folks have met their demise from impatience.

I know, I was going to PM you just because it seems like youve been In the game awhile. Do you have any thoughts on breaking the slide free? and also would a banshee carb be compatible?

Banshee is a direct replacement but you need the one with the fuel enrichment[choke].

If the threads and cap are furbered, it is only good enough for a fishing sinker.

The slide maybe refurbishable but if it has been forced in too hard the locating pin may be broken or burred.

and Blaaster, I do carbon fiber fabrication so I can make adapters and such. Not wondering if its possible, but plausible. And It wont let me go to the buy sell section until I have 300 posts so kinda screwed there. Do you have any recommendations for a good aftermarket carb that wont break the bank?

Whats about a yz250 carb? lower demand for them so might be cheaper? Again all questions, no statements. And thanks, I'm a 4 stroke kinda guy, but the blaster was my first four wheeler so figure ill keep this one for old time sake.