If you were going to get a 450r (or similar) what brand would it be?

noid

Jun 13, 2008
Say you have the money. What would you get? Honda trx 450r, yfz 450r, kawasaki? suzuki?

Maybe something else thats special? and why?

prolly the polairs 450 its already got the shocks the tires and axle racing set up saves a little money till you break somthing then polaris puts it to you by having the huge mark up on parts

Ktm all the way. Truly race ready makes the most power and is the best handling stock

from what i heard, it isn't the best handling nor makes the most peak power.

but what all 450s is there?
YFZ450
YFZ450R
YFZ450X
TRX450R
KTM 450XC
KTM 450SX
Outlaw 450MXR
LTR450R
DS450

there are some others, but these are the main ones.

YFZ is the best "Big 6" quad for the money for woods riding.
450R's are a close second. LTR's 3rd KTM/Polaris can fight about it all day and Kawi seems to make the worst 450 quad.

YFZ is the best "Big 6" quad for the money for woods riding.
450R's are a close second. LTR's 3rd KTM/Polaris can fight about it all day and Kawi seems to make the worst 450 quad.

the 450r really aint as close as you think in stock form. modded, ya they are as good as the money.
but like the TRX450R is the worse stock. offer the less amount of power, has some of the crappier suspension and other thing. but this is what honda built, a good suspension geometry but gave it crappy a-arms and shocks and keep the price down. who really races a quad and keeps it stock???
even the yfz450R and yfz450x are different, from width to gear ratio.

if you look at them, they all have their own thing. but maybe to the average nobody rider they are the same.

i'd love to have a yamaha, but i love my cousins '08 honda 450r. so either one of those would do for me. not saying i don't like kawasaki and suzuki either.