How To Remove Your TORS (88-02 models)

give you less hassel...tors are the most useless invention ever....if they dont give you hassel dont remove them...but i would make ur blaster run on premix...because i know a guy whos oil pump blew and he blew his motor

if i do what is pictured do i have to remove the big box thing i think the tors or buy any thing?????

Newbie !
I unplugged the tors brain !
i unplugged the wire coming off the carb !
i unplugged the wire in the throttle body and i also unplugged the other side of this wire !
My blaster only idles when then i give it throttle and it dies ?
but when i leave everything connected except the wire going into the throttle body it idles and revs ????
help please

I was having issues with the Blaster continuing to run unless I feather the throttle/revved it up after starting it....I removed the TORS after it hadn't been rode for a few days and now the idle seems pretty high. It was cold today and there was some hail so I didn't get to screw around too much with it, but has anyone ever had to deal with a really high idle after removing TORS?

Maybe the previous owner used the air-fuel screw to adjust idle while TORS was still being used, and now 2-close to 2 1/2 turns out is too much now that a potentially faulty/screwy TORS has been unhooked?

its not necessary to buy the TORS delete kit it's basically the same idea as the oil block ff kit remove the brain (under the hood) gut the assembly from the carb (spring and plastic clicker thingy) and then adjust your idle from your handlebars on the throttle lever

I have a 04 yamaha blaster that I can get started but will only run for a minute before it backfires and dies, Ive pulled the carb and it looks fine, there is also oil getting into the air intake under the seat, it also drips from where the intake hooks up to the back of the carb anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 04 yamaha blaster that I can get started but will only run for a minute before it backfires and dies, Ive pulled the carb and it looks fine, there is also oil getting into the air intake under the seat, it also drips from where the intake hooks up to the back of the carb anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

You should repost this under carb problems start your own thead.

this post is exactly how a DIY post should be. i used it to take my bikes tors off and it made it go like butter. thanks. now do one for the oil injection block off.

Wheres the "Tors" brain on an '04 blaster?

03+ it's part of the main ecu. Leave it alone. Unplug the wires coming from the throttle, cut off the connector that is left there and connect the 2 wires together. On the tors side disconnect the tors, cut off the connector on the left and connect the wires together. This worked for my 03 blaster.

03+ it's part of the main ecu. Leave it alone. Unplug the wires coming from the throttle, cut off the connector that is left there and connect the 2 wires together. On the tors side disconnect the tors, cut off the connector on the left and connect the wires together. This worked for my 03 blaster.

my motor is a 04 and this is what i did also.