How To Remove Your TORS (88-02 models)

good evening gentlemen. i know its been described, but what are the benefits of doing this? i have an 03 blaster that i picked up recently and have been working on. why should i do this? any other cheap tweaks that can done on the weeked?

Hey Gang I read all the posts.. I know the ins and outs basically.
I took pictures of all the spots where all the connections are.. I was going to post it but decided not too.. I pretty much got it now.. I was worried.

BUT? I was going to change my carb.. So? Wont this just remove it anyways ? Remove that system over the carb? and dissconnect everything else?

ok i know after this all these posts i might sound like a retard but i just need a straight answer. will the procedure that was done at the begining of this thread work on a 2003-2006, cuz i dont wanna mess up my blaster by doing that and finding out it doesnt work on an 03+

well i went to unhook my tors on the 89 and the tors in is a different spot, it was the black box under that one you have circled.
Also it seems as if it was already unhooked, there is a plug coming from the handlebars that is plugged into nothing. then the wires coming from the box go into a plug then at the other end there is another plug where the carb is plugged in i removed everything, well see if she starts tomorrow

I have a 2001 blaster and followed the directions on removing the TORS and after i got finished i started it and drove it about ten ft and it died. It acted as if it ran out of gas. I kicked until i nearly passed out, i even tried pull starting it and the only way it would run is with me pressing the throttle,and it was flooding bad and was bogging the whole time. thinking i did something wrong when i unhooked it, i rewired and reconnected everything back the way it was and i still cant get it to start. Is there anything i did that could have caused this or is it an unrelated random problem?

Ive cleaned the carb and checked the reeds and cage and all looks good. Any ideas?

Thanks

I have a 2001 blaster and followed the directions on removing the TORS and after i got finished i started it and drove it about ten ft and it died. It acted as if it ran out of gas. I kicked until i nearly passed out, i even tried pull starting it and the only way it would run is with me pressing the throttle,and it was flooding bad and was bogging the whole time. thinking i did something wrong when i unhooked it, i rewired and reconnected everything back the way it was and i still cant get it to start. Is there anything i did that could have caused this or is it an unrelated random problem?

Ive cleaned the carb and checked the reeds and cage and all looks good. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mine just died like this too. I had spark to begin with, and now I don't. I just changed the coil over with another one from another bike, and a new plug and still no spark. The TORS was already unhooked, and it fired once or twice and then "puff" backfired.

Got fuel, and cant get the flywheel off? How do I do that, or what next?

tors.jpg

this is what mine looks like now. wont start. carb is dosconnected. and so is the plug under the hood. what next?

ok you guys keep sayin you jumped the wires on an 06? can you post pics of what you did to the 06? i have the 06 model and the tors has went to crap so if you can post the pics of what you did it would help me out cause im to the point im pissed that my ride is just sittin.

ok today i took this sensor out of the throttle box and it runs fine now. thanks for the help guys im gettin to ride my blaster again.

l_0aa55b3e3b5341cca08d22012923a51b.jpg