How To Change Transmission Oil

yes you put it on the ground, take a big hammer and flatten it. then throw it into the trash. those things are useless.

Ride your blaster for a hour before you drain the transmission , you'll get more sludge out of it , I like to flush it with a few quarts of cheap trans oil once a year . Then refill with hp1

they say that you should put in 10W-30 for the tansmission but i put in 10W-40. as long as it doesnt have all the modifiers in it, it will be fine.

the best oil is klotz i use klotz Super Techniplate in the gas and they make flex drive 30 synthetic for 2 stoke trannys wich i also use and i have never had any probs

i am going to sound like an idiot , i just bought and 04 blaster and it is my first ever 4 wheeler, i understand how to take the fluid out, but how do you put it back in?

i see how the fluid comes out i just need to know where to pour in the new fluid in... if anyone could tell me where on the quad it is, i think i can find it.

i see how the fluid comes out i just need to know where to pour in the new fluid in... if anyone could tell me where on the quad it is, i think i can find it.
left side of the quad youll see a plug ontop it has like 2 little stubs on each end unscrew that and pour the recommended amount it says on the side there.

Hello all ok i see a lot of posts about diffrent oils to use in your tranny is there any one here in uk with a blaster and if so what oil do you use for your transmission as there seems to be a lot of people saying dont use this get this and dont buy that etc plus am new to the blaster seen i dont want to end up buying the wrong oil for it i asked the last owner who had it before me and he has never changed it since he has had it lol so before i take it for its first off road action i wanna do a little service on it.

Cheers ray

3 choices!

Plain oil 4 stroke engine oil 10 w 30 grade no friction modifiers. Yamaha recomendation.

Automatic trassmission fluid type F.

An off the shelf gear oil designed for motorcycles with wet clutches.

650ml no more, no less, do not trust the little oil sight window, just measure the amount and pour it in.

3 choices!

Plain oil 4 stroke engine oil 10 w 30 grade no friction modifiers. Yamaha recomendation.

Automatic trassmission fluid type F.

An off the shelf gear oil designed for motorcycles with wet clutches.

650ml no more, no less, do not trust the little oil sight window, just measure the amount and pour it in.

spot on mate thanks :)