Homemade flywheel holder

Whitty21

Apr 15, 2010
Small town, ON, Canada
well i didnt feel like paying 25 bucks for a pair of flywheel holders, which just look like a modified set of vice grips, and had some spare cold rolled steel, so i made my own, pretty basic design, dont think i really need to explain it.

it pivots at the center so it will work on other aplications as well, i used 3/8 bolts which fit nice and snug with helps.

hope this helps someone, here are some pics

207l65g.jpg

30ma5gw.jpg

Reactions: JonS
great thinking man. may rig me up a way to do this too. have some rep...

i ahve been around bro, lol, been busy with work and such, and pike and walleye are open, so i have been fishing lol

right now i a sweating my balls off right now in this cool 97 degree weather, i am canadian, you guys can take you damn hot weather back

I have two A/C units down here at work bad condensor fan motors- has been a hot 83 inside all day and ya its 90 something outside. Crazy! Makes ya kind of miss the snow!

nice work whitty I:I, i just put my lightened flywheel on last night as well as playing with my timing and i was lucky and everything came apart easily with a impact gun.

Thanks for the idea bro, I just spent $134 between a case splitter, crank puller/installer and a flywheel puller and I did not want to spend anymore buying a flywheel holder let alone wait any longer to get my rebuild going. Thanks to this post I don't have to. GOOD STUFF !

Thanks for the good idea bro, I already spent $134 between a case splitter, crank puller/installer, and a flywheel puller and just bought a top end kit and a complete crankshaft assembly ( both from Wiesco) :) and forgot about the flywheel holder. I did not wanna spend any more money, or wait any longer to get my rebuild going and thanks to your post I don't have to. I already made one just like that one but I'm having a hard time gettin the first nut off my flywheel. I don't have an air ratchet/ impact gun but I have a good set of sockets and wrenches, if anyone has any ideas to help get that nut off a little easier I'd really appreciate it. (PLEASE HELP ME GET OUT RIDING AGAIN) Thanks !

Aright thanks bro, I'm usually good at gettin "nuts off" haha but this one wasn't playin nice lol. I was a little hesitant spraying anything near my flywheel but like you said I just used a little and only got the nut and it was all good. Woulda thanked you earlier but my post didn't go through for some reason. Thanks again ! Should be ridin by next week : ) Can't wait to get the break in over with so I can really ride.