Going Full Time!!

OConnor Racing

Mines Bigger
Technician
Dec 1, 2009
CT
www.kenoconnorracing.com
After 20+ years at my job, I gave my resignation on Tuesday at 3:20 PM so I can run Ken OConnor Racing full time. Going to take 6 - 9 months to replace me but the wheels are turning. I'M STOKED!!!!!

congrats boss !!!!!!!
KEN OCONNOR RACING............FTW!!!!!!!

Congrats, thats great. And thanks again for all the help with the suspension set-up on my blaster (turning our great). To those other newbies like me, highly recommend sending your business his way, quality, very stand up guy.

congrats man. a mechanic of your caliber should have no problems at all doing his own thing. i salute you.

congrats ken!!! your willingness to goo out of your way to help your customers and your attention to detail will be the # 1 reason u succeed! glad to say your my engine builder.

Hope your love of the hobby doesn't burn you out. So many others have tried and ultimately failed.

I spent 20+ years at it as a hobby, then did the same thing your doing. Now I only work on a hand full of friends bikes and truly hate the thought of another project for anyone but me.

Charge a fair profitable price. Do quality work. Delivery your promises early......and above all else, STAY OFF THE FORUMS except to lurk. You will find less then 10% of your potential customers here. Most will want advice for free.

Show up to the race track prepared, ride hard and finish well and have a smile on your face even when the other guy beats you. Pat them on the back, shake their hand and congratulate them on the win, even if they cut you off just moments before. Never give any person a reason to hate you.

Im not directing my comments to anyone here specifically, we are all guilty of the above at some point or another.

congrats! hope you do well.. i hope to do the same one day.. only my shop will be more based on parts sales.

STAY OFF THE FORUMS except to lurk. You will find less then 10% of your potential customers here. Most will want advice for free.

i'd have to disagree,
this forum, his bro's on here supporting him and helping his current biz to grow, are prolly major reasons for this decision,
and this is what he did before his stint at "loos and co."
he just returning to what he luvs to do, build us badass motors!!!!!
not to mention all the free advice, how to's and help he has already provided us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanx for everything boss!!!!!
i'll be seeing you soon

you will be seeing something from me here soon....when i decide what motor i want to put in this build, i have heard nothing but good things about ken and he gives solid advice to the newbies thats need it, is this not what this place is for? to hel each other out?

Yeah , I have to disagree with OregonDunes , yeah there are builders out there that screwed themselves by being complete lying jackasses ( cough angus ) and that was their fault . I guarentee that If you are the kind of guy/businessman who you can approach with a simple question and he takes the time to explain why something is broken , or could be better then you as the consumer recognizes that they are a quality person to do business with . I watched kens video regarding the 400ex shock bushings and by the time the video was over I had ordered a set , when you know what you are doing it shows . The Forum here is one great avenue of advertising for ken , and he should be here to be approachable and to contact him .
Maybe we can have a New section " Kens Corner " . a section just for questions regarding tech , and the work he does.

/\/\/\ thats an awsome idea, since he made a thread once for me called "just ask awk" baaaahahahaaaa

i like it...... "KENS CORNER" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!