free quad choose one

Status
Not open for further replies.
what in the hell are you talking about?
you cant find parts on ebay so you would go with the inferior quad?
go to a real website and find parts
midwestactioncycle.com

i dont see any engine mods there. maybe i am missing something? valves, high comp piston, stroker, those are engine mods. raptors suck! even the top heavy 700cc hog...sucks!

haha omg blaster boitch, your f*cking obsses with blasters, last time i check,when has any big name magazine,person said that the raptor sucks? go over to atvrider and youll see only good things about the raptor, who f*cking cares if it loses in a drag race,that isnt what they are meant for, take two equally skilled rider,one in a blaster and another in a raptor and put them in a mx track or croxx country, which is what they are meant for. of course your blaster will f*cking beat the raptor,its fully built, And for the love of God you people are searching in Ebay, go to a website that sells hot cams,high comp pisotn and such things,you will find em for the raptor. Just f*cking accept it, the raptor has new technology,the blaster is old school. AND HAVE YOU EVER RODE ONE????????? Just because you dont like a quad doesnt mean you have to go around saying it sucks and sh*t. Get your facts right and try to accept that the blaster isnt the best quad ever f*cking made, both quads are good for what they are meant for, but the raptor is he new thing now.

and the raptor only been out 1 year, the blaster has been out 18 years, of course it will have more mods,give the raptor time and there will be alot of mods and there are already alot of mods

it sucks because its a 4 stroke. 4 strokes suck. i think u should go hang out on craptor forum. and y the hell would u buy a new craptor and then fork out some more cash for the 330 bb kit and still get spanked by a bb blaster. y????? get a big lump stick dual valve springs 1000 bucks in motor work and still have A turd. no thanks. i love 2 strokes, not just blasters. way more bang for the buck.

I'd like to know how you guys think that the raptor has more technology? Its got 2 valves, 1 cam and its still air cooled! talk about out dated, they had the same engine design in the '70's

Ok blasterbiotch, if four strokes suck, why do the pros use them?
Dont you dare say because of emissions, emissions are not regulated in closed course racing. In the words of gscx: "do you think nascar even comes close to meeting emission standards?"
And dont give me that half displacement equal power bullshit either.
A crf450r comes to the 50hp with only a slip on http://www.twobros.com/Cust_Service/Dyno_Charts/dyno_2009_hon_crf450r_SO.pdf
A yz250 bored to a 270 which falls 45cc's above half displacement mind you, makes only 45hp, not including the assload of other mods on the bike... http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-442434.html
Now, read this... http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/276/525/Motorcycle-Article/2002-Yamaha-YZ125-vs-YZ250F.aspx
the yz125 (in 2002, before almost any R&D was put into four strokes), the yz250f kills the yz125 everywhere, do not bring up that little 100rpm advantage the the 125 has, no motocross rider could keep it there the entire time. It does no good, the yz250f would already be gone. Now, onto the blaster vs raptor 250, the raptor makes 17hp stock while the blaster is stuck at 12hp. The raptor is also lighter, 15lbs to be exact. How do you explain this? Four strokes provide 100% burn to intake efficiency even at low speeds.
The two stroke's fresh fuel intake will always be lowered due to the fact that the exhaust and intake port are open at the same times. And no, the expansion chamber is not functional from low speeds. That gives four strokes the edge, maximum efficiency so they can always be improved. Not only that, four strokes have more traction, thats a fact. The linear power does not put an excessive shock to the rear wheel after takeoff, meaning once it hooks up, it stays hooked up, unlike the two stroke. Four strokes will always be improving, and a few years down, four strokes may be making more power at equal displacements. Now I know I own a banshee, and its going to be a great dune machine, but im not going to have it for long, the whole plan is to build it and to trade it off for a CRF250R. Top ends also last longer on four strokes, sure they cost more overall, but they are worth it to me. Ride your two strokes, nobody is stopping you, but the four stroke revolution is here, I like to switch it up every now and then and ride a two stroke myself. A sad fact about most of you die hard 2 strokers is that either youve never ridden anything else, or the four stroke you rode was a utility quad, or under 450cc's. Or if it was a dirt bike, you probably rode a chinese one, or one that was neglected, and of course, under 250cc's.
Now come on guys, lets talk logic, I have all day.

Stroker has got a point. But tjscott is telling the sad truth... as much as I love two strokes, good things must come to an end. Four strokes are getting more and more advanced every day! Two strokes are almost already gone and needless to say, their technololgy isn't improving....

the pro's use the bikes that the manufacturers tell them to use. They sign a contract and get paid x-amount of dollars to ride bike x.
Also nascar is cracking down on emissions, thats why they've switched to unleaded fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.