free quad choose one

Status
Not open for further replies.
this thread is definatly seperating the loyal people from the non-loyal people of the two stoke

i personally would take the blaster, easier to work on, can do a lot with em and i love two strokes

blaster hands down.......

the raptor is a TOY!!! it is junk.....

and what i think 89 was getting at was, if they would have made it kick start they could have saved more weight

I would go with the raptor because they look badass.. and i already have a blaster! so i can have 2 quads to play around with. plus worse comes to worse.. get the raptor for free... find a blaster dirt cheap... and fix it up

pfft you guys.. i would get the raptor and put a blaster motor in it.. f*ck THAT! if i was gonna go through the trouble of doing a motor swap, do it right and put a banshee motor in it!!

omg this is all f*cking bullshit, why make this thread? its a f*cking BLASTERFORUM of course everyone gonna say the blaster is the best, go over to raptorforums and post the same question,there gonna say raptor 250, why? BECAUSE ITS RAPTORFORUMS! THIS TOPIC SHOULD ONLY BE DISCUSS BY PEOPLE WITH DYNO TESTS EVIDENCE, PEOPLE WHO ARENT OBSESS WITH A QUAD OR BRAND.

And another thing,you are gonna waste over 1k of money upgrading the blaster's suspension while that 1k can go over to the raptors motor makin it faster.....jesus..its called math.

dyno test don't prove sh*t. just because an engine produced 50 peak hp, doesn't mean sh*t when it makes that power at 9000rpm and at 8500rpm it is only makin 15hp.

im just giving what the majority wants to hear,becuase all they say is "blaster is faster" well guess wat people,they arent made for drag racing!!!!!! face it, ITS ALL UP TO THE RIDER, I can have a ktm 450 and some dude on a stock blaster will beat me cuz i dont have that much racing experience.

and to the "fasteskidontheblock" if they dont prove sh*t,then why did they invent or made dyno test for??????? AND TO MOsT OF YOU TALKIN sh*t HERE,HAVE YOU EVER RODE A RAPTOR...???? IM GUESSING NO, keep your thoughts and opinions to your limits, its like hearing a dog bark and trying to say what type of dog it is without seeing it....

gettin a car dyno tuned and gettin a car street tuned are two different things. The dyno tuned will post up great numbers but wont run worth a sh*t. an engine will run different in a real world situation than on a dyno. the only way to tell if the engine is running strong is to take it to strip and race it.

gettin a car dyno tuned and gettin a car street tuned are two different things. The dyno tuned will post up great numbers but wont run worth a sh*t. an engine will run different in a real world situation than on a dyno. the only way to tell if the engine is running strong is to take it to strip and race it.

LOL @ this

Sorry man but, you're wrong.

really, then why at the track was a car that was dyno tune wasn't able to launch worth a sh*t? why did another one stall after the burn out?
and you really thing a car acts the same on a dyno as on the street?

not exactly the same but its close, so your saying that if i street tune a ford festiva and dyno tune a viper the festiva would win ?? lol

I have done timed runs with both raptor 250 and blaster..Both had airfilters and thats it. The blaster won every time. long and short run...But if you like 4 stroke then the raptor250 isnt a bad quad at all...It rides really nice..As long as your not expecting to beat a 400 ex or somethintg then it is a good quad.

There we go man represent, but I would still go with the raptor because its lighter, more "hassle-free", I don't have to pay to mix my gas, and I can always soup it up.

omg this is all f*cking bullshit, why make this thread? its a f*cking BLASTERFORUM of course everyone gonna say the blaster is the best, go over to raptorforums and post the same question,there gonna say raptor 250, why? BECAUSE ITS RAPTORFORUMS! THIS TOPIC SHOULD ONLY BE DISCUSS BY PEOPLE WITH DYNO TESTS EVIDENCE, PEOPLE WHO ARENT OBSESS WITH A QUAD OR BRAND.

And another thing,you are gonna waste over 1k of money upgrading the blaster's suspension while that 1k can go over to the raptors motor makin it faster.....jesus..its called math.

Its called Biased, and its not a good thing to be.

fastestkid i think ur confused. what your trying to say is peak whp numbers don't mean crap, which is partially true. a dyno gives a chart, not just numbers. what you need to look at on a dyno chart is the area under the curve of the rpm range that you do most of your riding. your right when you say a quad makin 50 hp at 9k and only 15hp everywhere else is worthless (i forget what exact numbers you used, but you get the point) a quad makin maybe 35 hp but making it constantly from say 5-9k will definately beat it, b/c the area under the curve is greater.

you need to make sure you look at the application too. you may make a honda civic do 10's in the quarter, but if you hook a trailer to it, you may not even be able to pull out. in that case, an f250 is faster, till you unhook the trailer.

a nascar can do 200 mph, but try to drive one in Pittsburgh traffic. not gonna happen.

your right about the bias too. i forget who said it, but someone mentioned about this thread separating the loyal blaster fans from the rest. get it thru your head, the blaster is not the greatest quad on earth, far from it in fact. stock, it is very slow and all it wants to do is rollover. it was designed in the 80's for little kids, technology has improved much since then. it has crappy suspension and would greatly benefit from a powervalve. you have to make it fast and able to handle. find some girl that knows nothing about quads. show her a stock blaster, then show her, say, 89 customs blaster. she is gonna say they are not the same kind of quad, b/c of everything that was put into it to make it do what the owner wanted it to.

now don't get me wrong, i would love to have 89's blaster. but would i take a stock blaster over a yfz 450? not in this life.

Status
Not open for further replies.